View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Rep Power: 93 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,347,356,670,869.60
Total Points: 57,347,457,033,116.22
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
Exactly.

All the other fighters in the Super Six had to fight in foreign countries, while Ward stayed in his home state.

And the Super Six final would make more money in England, where it would draw 20,000 fans - yet Ward will have home advantage yet again.

Ward's "headbutt & hold" style does nothing for his popularity, in contrast to Lucian Bute's spectacular KOs.
Ward should of fought on the road, that I agree with but I can't agree with the last two points. The Super Six Final was always going to be in America, it's in the contract that every fighter signed. Problem was none of the green Americans(excluding taylor) was supposed to do much at all. Don't blame Ward for where the finals are held, that was on SHO. Butes kayos are nice and may attract casual fans to his events but he is beating no bodies, while Ward has been fighting top fighters. You can kayo as many over matched opponents, I'd still rather watch the fighter that is beating top guys, even if it is hard on the eyes.