View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 07:19 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,186,763,537,931,584.75
Total Points: 1,215,983,654,052,827.50
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steak View Post
Nah, Tiger doesnt have the GOAT chin. He went life and death and was almost finished against DePaula. I understand that Tiger was undersized and everything, but DePaula was just not a very good fighter plain and simple, and that sort of situation shouldnt have happened for someone whos supposed to have the best chin of all time. not to mention Griffith dropped him pretty solidly and almost did it again with a similiar right hand not long after, although I suppose you could attribute that to being off balance. but still...Griffith isnt one of the biggest punchers of all time.

Ill have to check out Welsh though, never even heard of the damn guy, sp thanks for bringing him up.
The fight you mention to critisize Tiger were well past his prime and all post Foster. Pretty much can't say that about any of this fights pre-Foster.

Surely we must consider anything post Foster is due to the mental and physical factors? Stick Jake Lamotta or Ray Robinson in with a prime Bob Foster at 175 and I assure you they suffer the same treatment and would most likely never have the same chin again.

The DePaula fight is pretty much outright evidence to sugges that.

He was barely hurt in his entire career, fighting a long list of great fighters with good power.

I have only seen a handful of men take a shot like Tiger did.