View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 11:18 PM
DET. IRONSIDE
Banned

Rep Power: 0 DET. IRONSIDE has a reputation beyond reputeDET. IRONSIDE has a reputation beyond reputeDET. IRONSIDE has a reputation beyond reputeDET. IRONSIDE has a reputation beyond reputeDET. IRONSIDE has a reputation beyond reputeDET. IRONSIDE has a reputation beyond reputeDET. IRONSIDE has a reputation beyond reputeDET. IRONSIDE has a reputation beyond reputeDET. IRONSIDE has a reputation beyond reputeDET. IRONSIDE has a reputation beyond reputeDET. IRONSIDE has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 516,897,578.07
Total Points: 526,903,105.16
Thanks for all the documentaries videos and Lights Out uploads. - blaze778 Cool Cat - Nemisis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - blaze778 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
Wlad doesn't hold nearly as much as people say.

- He did in ONE fight, the first Peter fight, but since then he has not .

- Most of the holding in the second Peter fight was by Peter.

- Wlad applied pressure and chased Chambers and didn't hold much.

- There was virtually no holding in the Chagaev fight.

- I don't remember much holding in the Rahman fight.

- There was little holding and a lot of punches thrown by both fighters in the Thompson fight.

- Ibragimov feinted and ran a lot in his fight, there was a lot of standing off but not much holding.

- Wlad jabbed a lot but didn't hold much in the second Brewster fight.

- There was no holding at all in the Austin fight.

- I remember very little holding in the Brock and Byrd fights.

Why do people say he holds a lot? Are they just repeating what haters like Teddy Atlas say??
DUDE! Don't over-react! Forget the holding, Wlad IS a safety first boxer who stays on the outside.

He has good reasons for it. Those reasons make tactical SENSE for an athlete who, as a boxer, plans a long career while holding onto his braincells. And he is NOT a pressure fighter and he VERY RARELY steps into the pocket if at all.

I'm not attacking Wlad. I'm just wondering where boxing is going.

Wheres the pressure going to come from?

Who is coming up and is that a dead style?