View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 11:46 PM
AFighter4U
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 AFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 109,583.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
Its most likely Wlad will win tommorow. I'm pretty much convinced. He boxes like that for a reason. It conserves braincells and allows for career longevity. Money May does the same too. He's lighter and so hugging is not necessary so it makes for a better watch but still its safety first and for the same reason. Floyd likes not to be hit and will not sacrificing landing a good combo for taking some dangerous shots.

Does this mean we will not see a pressure fighter dominate like either of these guys?

Is that style for the dustbin?
IF indeed safety first fighters will dominate, then it will mean a serious decline in interest in the sport of boxing.

the klits are the perfect example.

the sad reality is that safety first fighters can only garner interest IF they fight pressure fighters.

nothing is more coma-inducing than seeing two safety-first fighters face each other. now i'm sure there are a number of fans who would actually find this entertaining, but its safe to assume that the majority of those who watch boxing want to see more leather being thrown.

i mean, who would want to watch a sport that puts you to sleep?