View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 59 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,113,452,972,078.53
Total Points: 6,398,268,276,352.15
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsInTheyFace View Post
I re-watched Midnight Run last night, terrified that having not seen it for about 4 years, it would not be as awesome as I remembered 0 as I'm smarter, more cynical and with more refined taste than when I first watched it. And....I actually loved it even more this time, it's just comedic perfection. It's pretty lightweight but it's such a good laugh.

Re Apatow - I liked Knocked Up but it has been ever diminishing returns since then. I just hate the f*cking fact that all his little buddies like Rogen and Siegel and Hill are getting their own films. I mean, Green Hornet was a f*cking joke. Even more so when you realise that that unfunny f*ckwit Rogen has admitted to overruling Michele Gondry on certain aspects of that film.

I mean, the guy who wrote Pineapple Express dictating to the director of Eternal Sunshine.

You couldn't make it up.
Last time I saw Midnight Run was probably when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, but we have it lying around somewhere and I have always wanted to watch it again so I may now.

But yeah I know what you mean with Apatow and friends. Now I think all of those guys work really well together, like I thought Superbad was absolutely hysterical mainly because it was a simple movie about high school kids cursing and trying to get laid with the characters being believable and with good chemistry; it didnt try and be way to big and rely on pop culture jokes (which I absolutely loathe).

Then there are the other comedies by those guys I hate like Pineapple Express. It was funny at times but there were so many parts where it would just be guys just yelling and screaming while they are fighting or in a car chase. As for Green Hornet I completely dismissed that when it came out it just looked like a money grab. Rogen has always seemed like a dick, even in his stand up comedy on youtube when he was like 16.