View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Terry A
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Terry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,400,067,647.47
Start you off mate your first gift.. - The Gully Gad To one of boxingscenes best - JAB5239 Thanks for the boxing mags! - hunkysoupbone get well soon - NewYork For Quality posting and for being such a genuine dude! - The Surgeon 
Missed having you around, Have a beer pal - McGoorty A true historian. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BattlingNelson 

I'd like to take the middleweights from around 1975-1985......Monzon, Hagler, Hearns, Bennie Briscoe, Vito Antuofermo, Alan Minter, Rodrigo Valdez, "Cyclone" Hart, Willie Monroe, Bobby Watts, Hamsho, etc against the middleweights of about 1948-1958.....Ray Robinson, Rocky Graziano, Jake LaMotta, Marcel Cerdan, Randy Turpin, Bobo Olson, Paul Pender, Gene Fulmer, Carmen Basilio, Tony Zale.

Robinson vs Monzon or Graziano vs Hagler would be awesome. As would most of the other boxers of that earlier period.

Have to cheat a little and throw a plug in for the heavyweights of the 1970's vs the heavyweights of the 1980's.

Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Young, Norton, Lyle, Quarry, Jimmy Ellis, Earnie Shavers, Stan Ward, Bonavena of the 70's vs Larry Holmes, Mike Tyson, Witherspoon, Dokes, Greg Page, Pinklon Thomas, Berbick, Tony Tucker, Bonecrusher Smith, Gerrie Coetzee, Bernardo Mercardo, Tony Tubbs & Randy Cobb of the 1980's. I think the 1970's batch beats the heck out of most of the crew from the 1980's, but still I think there'd be some good match ups.