View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 08:32 AM
The_Golden_Goy
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 The_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these parts
Bank: 353,585,653.54
Total Points: 499,735,522.57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Up! View Post
Now for all those that jump on me for praising Adam, before i start i am not comparing him to any of the long and distinguished trainers we have in the sport, or indeed have lost. I am praising him for the way he brings a fresh approach to training and a 21st Century scientific edge.

We saw on Saturday night how a game plan, every bit as much as the boxer himself, is responsible for winning a fight. This game plan concocted solely by Booth, and delivered to the letter from George. Thatís team work, because believe me, without such a plan that fight was always DeGales. Adam knew what was needed to come out with a win, and thatís precisely what happened.

I also like how he wishes to test his fighters with each fight (ok, Iíll happily accept that Audley wasnít a test for Haye!) Heís not a believer in fighting journeymen, bums etc. Groveís career thus far is an impeccable example of that.

He has a very strong will and calming presence in the corner, and has apparent complete respect from his fighters - essential.

I hope to see his career progress as well as it has been doing so far, i think heís a good thing for boxing
Its a solid unit the Hayemaker team definetly, Adam Booth has come up with two gameplans that have just shaded wins in the fights they were applied in and he is currently training a HW titlist.

But there's a nagging feeling that he isnt a boxing man through and through, he's a fitness driven trainer and he does look like someone you'd see in any random gym in the country, training fat people at weight watchers.

That said, his methods seem to be working for the moment, and his fighters are winning their fights with him and his team in their corner, the fighters do trust him and are fiercly loyal to him, so all in all things are going gerat for Booth atm.

Whether he can crack the Klitschko code is another matter altogether