View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 10:27 PM
nomadman
Eurasian gonna get you

Rep Power: 14 nomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,343,720,645.64
Total Points: 4,354,685,053.55
For many, many excellent posts on this forum - ChopperRead one of our best posters - Freedom. Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
How do you envision a fight with Tyson, circa-1991, turning out? How would Foreman react to Tyson's speed & power?
That's a tough question. Foreman seemed to shrug off Morrison's left hooks like they were nothing, and I rate Morrison's and Tyson lefts as more or less the same in terms of power, speed, snap etc. Tyson though, also had murderous power in his right and in his uppercut, two punches Tommy wasn't especially known for, as well as a much better chin that would have enabled him to step into the pocket more (something Tommy seemed afraid to do). I can see Tyson catching Foreman with a sharp overhand right (possibly a counter), stun him, and follow up with a barrage of blows to end the fight sometime in the mid to late rounds, similar to what Evander nearly did. More realistically, I think he wins a clear decision, with George hurt several times in the contest but frustrating Mike with smothering attempts that stifle his best shots.