View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:39 AM
DWiens421
Mission Complete!

Rep Power: 63 DWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 113,744,579.71
Total Points: 113,922,425.71
We're twins now! :D - -Hyperion- Thanks man - starjammer Eat Fresh - Dorian 10,000 Posts! - Tunney Truce - WLAD OWNS 
a toast to team klitoris! lmao - Left Hook Tua Tye Bible, Page 23 Talks about his dive vs Monte - Dorian Replacing the old gift.. from top rookie to top poster - Welter_Skelter a drink for winky. - Left Hook Tua Juanma Lopez! - Dorian 
boxingscene top ten serious poster - mickey gomez Thank you for the great compliment. - JAB5239 Cheers bro. DWiens FTW! - danc1984 cheers - Makavelli Good Poster! - J. HITTER 
That was a funny thread. - El Gallo Negro! You complete me, ese. - El Gallo Homo! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Bollocks 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
what was so special about martinez beating up a smaller fighter with no head movement who hadn't looked impressive in years? he beat santos who was coming off a gift decision against margarito who i've heard is a giant tomato can so why is that impressive? dzinziruk couldn't even beat konecy and looked very troubled by julio and all this was at 154. why would moving up to 160 make him better? if you thought this fight was going to be competitive then something is wrong. martinez looked great but he was supposed to! just like floyd looked great against ndou and berto looked great against hernandez. these are just showcase fights.
Lol, at the bolded part. You do a good job showing how stupid this board is with your sarcasm, and always have.

The reason why it was impressive was, even though he had no head movement, he had the Winky Wright defense, who also employed no head movement into his game, and he did it well too. I won't have anyone say this his defense wasn't top notch.

Konecny is the perfect example of a bad style matchup against that defense. Wright went through the same trouble against Angel Hernandez and JC Candelo in spots, who were certainly lesser fighters than Konecny, who is one of the better fighters Europe has to offer that is below the radar.

Santos was a good fighter... Two division champion, two times at 154. Actually looking at his resume again did remind me how much of it is hedged on his wins over Margarito and Alcine, who really isn't much in hindsight. Either way, slick, technical fighter who got out-teched in a big way. That counts for something at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Napier View Post
Roy Jones against Tarver the first time
many say that Tarver was robbed, it's not true
he gave Roy problems, but Roy was clearly the better man
one of those fights where underdog got brownie points
Roy had nothing that night and still won clearly, screw the MD call
Tarver KO'd him in a rematch and Roy was a shell of a shell in the 3rd
people only remember Tarver stopping Roy
they forget Roy's guts in the first fight
I agree... the first time Jones had to do anything other than show up and make the opponent look bad, he passed his test with colors that weren't flying, but did gut it out, winning the fight.

However, I do think a lot of that was stupid ass Tarver taking seven rounds off, rather than Jones just outgutting him. It seemed like when Tarver wanted to fight, he did some seriously good work.