View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:46 AM
hugh grant
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,038,345,755.93
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
There are many historians who consider Roberto Duran the best fighter of the 70's. You know, the era Muhammad Ali was in?

Yeah. Slightlyyyyyy better than this era.
Duran was slightly after Alis era really, but Ali is considered above Duran. Pac is alongside Ali though in many experts and boxing fans opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
Duran hands down

Best light weight of all time 71-1 record.

Beat a PRIME UNDEFEATED Sugar Ray Leonard at SRL natural weight class (no catch weight needed)

He held world titles at four different weights***8212;lightweight (1972***8211;79), welterweight (1980), junior middleweight (1983***8211;84) and middleweight (1989) again no catch weights needed.

Durán is the only man in boxing history to win fights in 5 separate decades. He registered wins in the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and the 2000s.
I could list more... but I think I proved my point Durans legacy beats Pacs hands down.
Duran lost to the laings of this world in his prime. Pac wouldnt lose to guys like Laing now. So if you say how good Duran was in many decades and take into account his subsequent wins after his loss to Laing, you have to take into consideration his losses as well when he wasnt in his prime.

Because most great boxers in their prime, on the surface will have great records. So you cant say Duran won many fights when he was out of his prime, but ignore the fights he lost as well out of his prime!! And there are many.

Last edited by hugh grant; 03-05-2011 at 10:49 AM.