View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 01:17 AM
studentofthegam
Banned

Rep Power: 0 studentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.59
Total Points: 321,251.26
Thanks - Toney616 

I am a guy that knows Duran is overrated at times an the same goes for Pacquiao. What we cant forget is that Pac got to where he is through trial by fire too. In the lower weight classes their aint many that could have with stood the greats that he conquered let alone win most of the fights. If he had stayed in the lower weights he would have been a hall of famer. He decided to try to bite a bigger piece and that gamble worked. Another aspect to look at is the fact that Duran has a losing record vs the other HoFers of his era and Pac is a competitive loss and a draw from being undefeated against his generation of Hof Famers.

I keep hearing people say "well Duran fought for thirty years".So what? If those latter years werent years of him at the top of his game then its no more impressive than RJJ or Toney holding on.

To make a long story its really a subject worth debate and not out of the question for Manny to get some votes. I know it seems like I hate Duran at times but its not the case. I just see him as a human and not a boxing God.