View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Alibata
Dugong Maharlika

Rep Power: 40 Alibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,828,312,791.18
Total Points: 11,834,685,538.02
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***27494;***22763;***36947; View Post
No dogs are can be classed as inherently violent.

Still, whenever I see people with these status symbol dogs, Rotts, Pits, Mastifs etc.. It tells me a lot about their mentality.
The Tosa was bred for fighting like the pit bull and still is used for that purpose legally in Japan. I am against such things. Though I do admire their power, athleticism, gameness, and drive. I did not get him as a status symbol but as a pet that would be pretty cool to be around. Inherently dogs like the pit or Tosa they possess a heightened aggression towards dogs because of generations of breeding for the purpose of dog fighting. Just like herding dogs were bred to herd sheep. My dog was well socialized from puppy hood. He is great with kids and people, i guess not so with other dogs. But I believed as you that if I socialized him I could bypass any aggression towards dogs... My dog looks like a blood hound mixed with a mastiff. If I wanted a status symbol I would have gotten a tougher looking dog.