No announcement yet.

Visiting "LimeyLand"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting "LimeyLand"

I'm thinking about heading over there for possibly a week or two.

Any suggestions on where to go, where to stay at, things to see, places to eat at, ectera?

Well, London probably would be the city. Man London is cool, so many cultures, little shops selling obscure things, BIG shops, A mcdonalds everywhere lol. Lots of things to see. My town is terrible. But Londons got big ben etc, the palace. Garfield 2 is him going to London.

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt
      Well, London probably would be the city. Man London is cool, so many cultures, little shops selling obscure things, BIG shops, A mcdonalds everywhere lol. Lots of things to see. My town is terrible. But Londons got big ben etc, the palace. Garfield 2 is him going to London.
      lol Why would I want to go to another country and eat at McDonalds?

London sounds alright for a visit, but where could I stay that is nice and affordable?

Comment

Well London is probably your best bet, but its multicultural, So itd be like New york probably.
        Other Places, epeacially I would think affordable, are sea-side resorts. Yuo would probably pick up the quaintnness of the country there. Try cornwall. If you find any other places ask me. Places are not all they're cracked up to be. I live in the part of England with the most sun, and used to be one of the best holoiday resorts in the 50's. DAMN rubbish now.
        Im sure in Cornwall there will be nice Bed and breakfast. So you would have to go out for lunch and dinner. And Im sure theyll have nice little restaurnts there etc. Nice beaches, not really the whole california experience. But yeh, nice, in a quaint way. Bill Bryson is a great travel author and has a book about England called notes from a small island.

Comment

I agree with Platinum, London is way to hectic and expensive unless of course you want to see all the sites but....

Cornwall (Newquay) or Devon(Barnstable) in the South West is affordable and will tick many boxes, if you want to try further North look at the Lake District(Lake Windermere), you will find it very English and quaint as well as being postcard pretty!

What type of vacation are you looking for?

Comment

Hi Dr. London is the place you gotta go if you want to see the Britain history tells you about. Big Ben, the Houses of parliament, Covent Garden, The National gallery, all things worth seeing.

So if you're sightseeing, London is the place to be based. it isn't all that expensive there are deals on cheap hotels (you don't have to stay in central London.

Micky is right though, if you want to relax and take in the scenery, then London isn't the place. Cornwall and Devon are great, as is Wales, the Lakes, North Yorkshire and the Scottish Highlands. If you're over for a couple of weeks you could do both London and the countryside break, costs permitting.

My one recommendation if you are in London seeing Big Ben etc. Go to Chandos cafe, I can send directions. It is simply the best Italian/English Cafe I've ever been to, and cheap to boot.

Comment

U can find loads of affordable places outside central london. Just make sure its near a train or tube station.

I live in south london, and it takes me 25 mins to get to central london (Victoria station, West Minister/Big Ben). And thats a slow train.
              A fast train will get u there in 10 mins, so i wouldnt worry about location.

I had a job interview this morning, went to a strip club, did some sight seeing, visited the Royal Academy of Arts.
              London is great because it has great clubs, shops, museums, galleries, all that tourist crap. But also huge parks and lakes and old historical buildings 'of interst'.
              Oh and a red light district for err.....fun.

Comment

it all depends what ur lookin 4 really,if u jus wanna kick back n chill enjoy the countryside n all that lol,then go 2 cornwall or the lake district,if u wanna see all the english history and have a mad night life and party like an british raver go 2 london

Comment

Working...
                X