No announcement yet.

NEW scoring idea for boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW scoring idea for boxing.

In boxing when they total the scorecards, if its announced as a draw, they should get the fighters back in the ring and fight another round. They should do this until they determine a winner.

They already have open scoring, so i think boxing is pretty liberal to change. Basically the idea is to rule out a draw. You force the fighters to slug it out till one wins and one loses.

They should also have a compubox system on the amount of clinches and deduct points automatically. So Hatton, Bernard and Wlad would get penalised, but its to stop them having an unfair advantage.

What are your thoughts?
    Could it work?

This isn't UFC

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      This isn't UFC
      Anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by fighting101 View Post
        In boxing when they total the scorecards, if its announced as a draw, they should get the fighters back in the ring and fight another round. They should do this until they determine a winner.

They already have open scoring, so i think boxing is pretty liberal to change. Basically the idea is to rule out a draw. You force the fighters to slug it out till one wins and one loses.

They should also have a compubox system on the amount of clinches and deduct points automatically. So Hatton, Bernard and Wlad would get penalised, but its to stop them having an unfair advantage.

What are your thoughts?
        Could it work?

Comment

Good god no.Mentally it would be tough too just switch back into fight mode and by the time they have announced the cards the fighters probably would have too stretch themselves out again.They have open scoring in WBC bouts only in Mexico and maybe some other countries i dont know about.Open scoring kills bouts because if a guy has a big enough lead after 8 they will just coast the last four and fight spoaradically.On the compubox for clinchs i dont know some refs allow it some dont if a fighter is hugging excessively enough to the point where there doing it more then punching then any competent ref should penalize hopefully Kirkland Molina is an isolated incident.Some terrible spelling there but thats my opinion anyway man

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            This isn't UFC

You have contributed to no discussion to this thread.

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
            Good god no.Mentally it would be tough too just switch back into fight mode and by the time they have announced the cards the fighters probably would have too stretch themselves out again.They have open scoring in WBC bouts only in Mexico and maybe some other countries i dont know about.Open scoring kills bouts because if a guy has a big enough lead after 8 they will just coast the last four and fight spoaradically.On the compubox for clinchs i dont know some refs allow it some dont if a fighter is hugging excessively enough to the point where there doing it more then punching then any competent ref should penalize hopefully Kirkland Molina is an isolated incident.Some terrible spelling there but thats my opinion anyway man
            Thanks my friend, you have given a good response. I take your point that they will be tired and resting. Maybe we should question why it takes so long to collate the score cards. Why dont they just score it 1 for won and 0 for not won?

Comment

Originally posted by fighting101 View Post

Thanks my friend, you have given a good response. I take your point that they will be tired and resting. Maybe we should question why it takes so long to collate the score cards. Why dont they just score it 1 for won and 0 for not won?
              I honestly dont know about why they score it 10-9 maybe just in case a fighter has a point deducted easier to add up an 8 then a -1

Comment

dumbest **** i ever heard

Comment

I thought it was going to be a good idea.

You might as well American idol boxing and let people text who won round 1, 2, etc etc..
                  but yeah that would be a mess too, lol

Comment

Honest judges and no alphabet belts, a federal commission overseeing State commissions.

Comment

Working...
                    X