Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quintana Back on April 10 on the Berto-Malignaggi Card. Then against Vanes on June 12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quintana Back on April 10 on the Berto-Malignaggi Card. Then against Vanes on June 12

With new options Carlos Quintana

Could fight on the undercard of Miguel Cotto-Yuri Foreman against Vanes Martirosyan

Under the current scenario, the former champion Carlos "El Indio" Quintana could be reappearing as early as April and then in June.

The Mocano, who is promoted by Lou DiBella, has on its table two tentative offers to return to the ring. One of them even have it reappear in the co-main event to in the card of a old nemesis, Miguel Cotto, who on June 12 will be fighting Yuri Foreman in New York.

"I talked to DiBella yesterday (Thursday) and he told me there was the possibility of fighting on the undercard of Cotto-Foreman on the weekend of the Puerto Rican Day Parade," said Jose Bonilla yesterday, Quintana's trainer.

The opponent that night could be the former Olympian Vanes Martirosyan, who in his last fight, on January 19, defeated Kassim Ouma by unanimous decision in the boxing series "Top Rank LIVE", on Fox

"They told us about that fight, it seems like the TV people want that fight," said Bonilla. "But there is still no concrete financial offer, and if not a good one,the it does not interest us."

Quintana's career and that of Martirosyan are at different times, means Bonilla.

"They are looking to use the name of Quintana, he needs it. It seems like Top Rank people are not happy with how the Ouma fight wore off, "said the Carolina-based coach.

The other possibility is that "El Indio" returns on April 10, on a the card that would be headline by the Italian-American Paul Malignaggi and American of Haitian descent, Andre Berto, welterweight champion of the World Boxing Council (WBC).

"DiBella wants to put the 'EL Indio' in that Card," said Bonilla. "If not given, because then we could fight in June."

Quintana Taking another tune up on TV on April 10 and then fighting Vanes on June 2 on the Cottto-Foreman undercad sounds pretty cool!!

Comment

Vanes has looked great lately. I think Quintana is in some trouble here.

Vanes tko 10.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

Vanes tko 10.
        WTF? Are you drunk or high or both?

Quintana takes that fool to school!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          WTF? Are you drunk or high or both?

Quintana takes that fool to school!!!
          You were wrong about Cotto. You are wrong here too Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            Quintana Taking another tune up on TV on April 10 and then fighting Vanes on June 2 on the Cottto-Foreman undercad sounds pretty cool!!
            It's a bit of a joke Top Rank is putting that on PPV. June 12th should be an HBO and it is entirely Arum's fault because HBO gave them a good number, but Arum overpays his fighters in smaller fights like that.

Comment

Vanes tko 10.
              Vanes didn't look so great against Ouma. A lot of people feel Ouma beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sen. Clay Davis View Post

I thought Ouma fought like vintage Ouma but Vanes won.

Quintana isn't Ouma. Ouma doesn't get ko'ed.

Comment

You were wrong about Cotto. You are wrong here too Champ.
                  SO? You dont get 100% correct predictions either!

Quintana Makes Vanes look like a idiot in the ring!

Originally posted by Sen. Clay Davis View Post
                  Thank You

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                  It's a bit of a joke Top Rank is putting that on PPV. June 12th should be an HBO and it is entirely Arum's fault because HBO gave them a good number, but Arum overpays his fighters in smaller fights like that.
                  Who said this is a Top Rank PPV?

Comment

I thought Ouma fought like vintage Ouma but Vanes won.

Quintana isn't Ouma. Ouma doesn't get ko'ed.
                    Quintana doesnt get UD by gabriel Rosado neither so, stop trolling so either J

Comment

Working...
                    X