No announcement yet.

Fights where biased commentary changed perceptions of fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights where biased commentary changed perceptions of fights

There are a lot of ignorant boxing fans who will be easily influenced by commentary during the fight. This has happened in a lot of fights during the years.

I love the HBO team but for example during the Lewis vs Klitschko fight you could really sense that they were rooting for Vitali. I mean at one point George Foreman flat out admitted it when he said something like "Klitschko has to suck it up and become heavyweight champion of the world".

They did the same thing in Barrera-Marquez. It took Lampley a good two rounds to admit punching someone when they're down is against the rules. They were unashamedly pro Barrera in every fight, it's fucking annoying.

A similar story for most De La Hoya fights - George Foreman actually once said doing "nothing is good for De La Hoya tonight" - but Lederman balanced it out because he always has De La Hoya losing the fight. Always.

Comment

watch a SRL fight with out sound....

v hagler

v hearns

even duran 1 first time i watched it i had it 8-6-1 duran. ii watched it lat night with out sound and had it 10-4-1

Comment

When I watch Mexicans fight on H.B.O.(i.e. Hating Hispanic Boxers) I turn down the volume completely. The Mexiphobes KKKellerman and Larry MoreS_hit are a distraction. Mexicans should boycott H.B.O. Mexicans always get bad decisions on H.B.O.'s big fights like De La Hoya-Trinidad, DLH-Moseley II, Castillo-Mayweather, JM Marquez Pacquiao II, etc

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
          When I watch Mexicans fight on H.B.O.(i.e. Hating Hispanic Boxers) I turn down the volume completely. The Mexiphobes KKKellerman and Larry MoreS_hit are a distraction. Mexicans should boycott H.B.O. Mexicans always get bad decisions on H.B.O.'s big fights like De La Hoya-Trinidad, DLH-Moseley II, Castillo-Mayweather, JM Marquez Pacquiao II, etc

i agree completly...

except for marquez pac....

also the judges arent listnening to the HBO cmomentators....

but they can be influenced by the crowd...

and the Comenttators can trick theviewing public into thinking that the fight is going another way.

Comment

Hagler Duran wasn't nearly as close as the commentators made out.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              Hagler Duran wasn't nearly as close as the commentators made out.
              yep i watched that a month ago and had it 10-5 hagler

Comment

De La Hoya-Trinidad

Hopkins-Taylor I

De La Hoya-Mosley II (debatable but hey, they did apologize for their bias a week later)

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                  i agree completly...

except for marquez pac....

also the judges arent listnening to the HBO cmomentators....

but they can be influenced by the crowd...

and the Comenttators can trick theviewing public into thinking that the fight is going another way.
                  The judges want to work. It's about $$$. They know who H.B.O. wants to win so they vote in a way that ensures they'll work again.

Comment

im not big on the klits but teddy needs to simma down!

Last edited by JAB5239; 07-27-2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X