Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: Lucian Bute Made a Big Mistake Coming Here!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: Lucian Bute Made a Big Mistake Coming Here!

WORLD super-middleweight champion Lucian Bute has been accused of ­writing Carl Froch off prematurely.

Bute defends his IBF crown in front of a full house in Froch’s Nottingham backyard on Saturday.

But trainer Rob McCracken believes that Canadian Bute and his team have boobed by paying too much attention to Froch’s last fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

froch boxed exactly as he always does, just ward was capable of exposing every last one of his horrible technical flaws. however froch has other great strengths that the vast majority of boxers cannot deal with well enough and that make up for those flaws.
    from what i have seen of bute i reckon he's got a good chance to beat froch based on skill, but it'll be closer than froch vs ward.

Comment

Froch didn't look himself in the Ward fight, he started very slow and only got going in the latter part of the fight. It could be because Ward was too fast for him in the early part of the fight and only when Ward slowed down could Froch be effective. I don't know for sure. Was he homesick, was that just a slow start to the night or was Ward really just naturally too fast in the early part of the fight? Bute should help determine the answers.

Comment

So Froch didn't have any trouble boxing away from home when he dominated AA but had an off night when fighting Ward in away from home.

The reality is he boxed v well fighting a guy ideally suited to his style - Froch with his long arms and reach dominated a static AA that walks straight forward not throwing punches with his guard held high.

But against a real slick, smart versatile and defensive fighter he got shown up and dominated himself.

Nothing to do with the location and everything to do with the ability of the fighters he was fighting.

Froch had fought away from home often - so it wasn't anything new - even boxing in the exact same American town against Johnson in the semi-finals.

Bute, on the other hand - will be very interesting to see what happens. First time in a big fight away from home and British fans are very noisy - is he the real deal or will he cave.

I think Bute will struggle both with the atmosphere and Froch and I think Froch will stop him or win fairly comfortably.

If Bute wins - I'll admit i called this one and him wrong but at the moment i think he's all hype - and Froch who's been at elite level will prove so on Saturday night.

Comment

Froach lost to Ward for the same reason that he is going to loose against Bute; simply because they both are bettter boxers than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Canta View Post
            Froach lost to Ward for the same reason that he is going to loose against Bute; simply because they both are bettter boxers than him.
            You could say that about every boxer Froch has faced in major bouts, he loses almost every fantasy fight, but not so much in the ring.

It's 'Froch', 'lose' and 'better' btw, you must be posting with predictive text or something.

Comment

Last fight this bitter man kept yapping on about POWER, POWER, POWER, now the fool is hopping in this LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION nonsense. Focus on your gameplan and not on fool's gold.

Comment

Froch has the stamina & style to destroy Bute (in a late fight rally). He's bigger than Andrade, stronger, far more refined inside his style. Bute has been lucky since the first fight with Librado to not face anyone that forces him to fight. Froch has that ability. I guarantee if Froch keeps coming & forces Bute to fight all night, he stops Bute late. It'll look something like Margarito-Cotto 1 if Froch comes out blazing. I'll know by the 1st couple rounds whats gonna happen. If Froch sets the pace, Bute will fold. If Froch tries to box from the outside he'll get picked apart. I favor Froch slightly because he's tried & true on the elite level, Bute, not so much.

Comment

Bute is underrated and Froch is overrated and I believe this will be proved this Saturday night.

Comment

He's probably going to get robbed like Andre Dirrell was.

On a serious note, I love the people saying "Froch didn't look himself against Ward". Did it ever occur to anyone that he looked like that because he was clearly and thoroughly out classed by a better fighter????

Comment

Working...
                    X