No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Feels He Stayed at 140 For Way Too Long

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Feels He Stayed at 140 For Way Too Long

AMIR KHAN is fully focused on becoming a world champion again now he is only fighting opponents and not the scales. The former world light-welterweight champion has stepped up to welterweight after years of battling to make the 10st limit.

Khan, 27, faces big-hitting southpaw Luis Collazo on Saturday May 3 on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather's latest outing against Marcos Maidana in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds like word for word what Khan said when he moved to 140 from 135.

Unlike the other guys who have found success moving up Khan can't take a punch. At 147 he's actually small. Collazo is taller with a longer reach. Khan is used to towering over guys and being able to hit them at a range where they can't reach him.

It's going to be a rude awakening.

Comment

today 147 tomorrow 175..
      no division is safe from the wrath of khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        Sounds like word for word what Khan said when he moved to 140 from 135.

Unlike the other guys who have found success moving up Khan can't take a punch. At 147 he's actually small. Collazo is taller with a longer reach. Khan is used to towering over guys and being able to hit them at a range where they can't reach him.

It's going to be a rude awakening.
        khan was a lot stronger at 140 when he first moved up but as time went by he outgrew that division too.. started becoming weight-drained at 140 like he had been at 135..

at 147 theres a good possibility khan shows the same sort of strength he did when he first moved upto 140 and if that happens its game over for the rest of the welterweight division.

Comment

Its staying in shape he did NOT do for way too long...

Man, there was a point when I thought he'll be the next A-lister fighter,
          the time when Bradley-Khan was still a hot topic. tsk..tsk..

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            khan was a lot stronger at 140 when he first moved up but as time went by he outgrew that division too.. started becoming weight-drained at 140 like he had been at 135..

at 147 theres a good possibility khan shows the same sort of strength he did when he first moved upto 140 and if that happens its game over for the rest of the welterweight division
            LMAO!!!!!!!!!

IMO Roach's (in and out) style would been more effective at WW.
            I will surprised if callozo doesn't swarm him like porter did to Paulie!

Comment

This is such bollocks, he said repeatedly in the 12 months before the Garcia fight that he was making 140 just fine. It's not like he'd been there since he was 18, he only moved up from 135 after the Prescott debacle.

The really tragic thing is I bet his team have told him this and he's believed them, despite having been the person who was making weight pretty easily a couple of years ago. His capacity for denial is astonishing.

I was a huge Khan fight from the Olympics, right through til a year or so ago. I just can't stomach the fking bull**** he comes out with now. I used to defend him til I was blue in the face, now I just want Collazo to knock him out again. Such a shame, I know a few people who feel the same too, and he's nobody to blame but himself for his ever decreasing fanbase.

Fans will always forgive losses, but if you act and talk like a tw*t whilst fighting poorly, you're only going one way.

Comment

More BS from 'King Khan'.

All he is going to find out about the 147 division is that his opponents hit harder.

I don't actually think he is going to be competitive at 147 - he looks pumped up with heavier muscle which will just as likely drain him than benefit him.

If he fought Porter lat Saturday he would actually have been killed in the ring.

Having said all that, FMJ is likely to pick him before he retires...easy money.

Comment

Khan in 1 years time... 'I feel moving to 154 will give me more strength, I'll be hitting harder, my punch resistance will be greater and I'll retain all my speed, you know'.

Comment

Well after moving to 140lbs he did beat Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana and Judah.

Comment

Working...
                    X