No announcement yet.

50 Cent and Bob Arum: Bestfriends Forever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent and Bob Arum: Bestfriends Forever

sms promotions is mixing it up with top rank and will be co-promoting pacquiao-marquez 4. 50 decided that the wiser move in the short and longterm is to pair up with the master dealmaker arum.

sms promotions could become a player in boxing if 50 has the right connections. his signings have been poor and his public courtship of pacquiao didn't make any sense. promoting his fighters on the undercard of pacquiao-marquez is a cautious move by 50, testing the waters so to speak. surely 50 is thinking big and wants to promote his own main events. for that to work, 50 needs to restructure sms and surround himself with people who actually eat, live and breath boxing (snooki a promoter? say what?). 50 can start by looking for his stable's match maker, both TP and GB have their own hall of fame matchmakers. 50 needs to get staffed to get rolling.

your thoughts?

His ability to draw the media to what ever his is doing gives him a huge advantage over others who had the money but did not have the fame like he does to make it as a promoter

Yes he doesn't need a great match maker, but they also need to fill up the roster with Young Up and Coming Prospects who are hungry and looking to make names for themselves in the sport of boxing

I think all of that will happen eventually, people are doubting him but I don't, I think he will do VERY WELL

Comment

50 cent is probably going to learn the promoting game from one of the best from Arum.

Comment

Gamboa will KO Farenas. It will be a great start for 50 cent.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          50 cent is probably going to learn the promoting game from one of the best from Arum.
          This^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
            sms promotions is mixing it up with top rank and will be co-promoting pacquiao-marquez 4. 50 decided that the wiser move in the short and longterm is to pair up with the master dealmaker arum.

sms promotions could become a player in boxing if 50 has the right connections. his signings have been poor and his public courtship of pacquiao didn't make any sense. promoting his fighters on the undercard of pacquiao-marquez is a cautious move by 50, testing the waters so to speak. surely 50 is thinking big and wants to promote his own main events. for that to work, 50 needs to restructure sms and surround himself with people who actually eat, live and breath boxing (snooki a promoter? say what?). 50 can start by looking for his stable's match maker, both TP and GB have their own hall of fame matchmakers. 50 needs to get staffed to get rolling.

your thoughts?
            Doesn't 50 have Top Rank's old matchmaker? Who if I read and remember correctly had a very good track record.

Comment

50 paid arum and top rank over a million for gamboa.... just to have him fight again under top rank... that right there showed 50 was not prepared to enter the boxing business and bob arum is probably laughing at him behind closed doors

and unless 50 is promoting his own main events, nobody will care... 80 % of people that watch ppv dont even care for the undercard.. i know its hard to understand that in a message board of boxing nerds but in the real word of casual fans the majority dont buy a ppv for the undercard or even watch it

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post

your thoughts?
                Fiddy is a better business man than you...

Comment

I think he made a stupid move insulting Oscar but being on good terms with Arum is a good move.

Comment

I'm rooting for SMS.

Comment

Working...
                    X