No announcement yet.

How much do top judges get paid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do top judges get paid?

Just wondering cause if its peanuts no wonder there's so many backroom handshake's.

not sure how much they get paid to be honest. id imagine it might vary depending on the fight.

Comment

"The BLS indicates that individuals in the 10th percentile in the "Umpires, Referees and Other Sports Officials" category made $16,310 per year as of May 2010. In the 90th percentile, pay was $50,350 annually. However, because boxing judges' salaries depend on the fight purse and the number of fights refereed, some top professional boxing judges easily can exceed $100,000 per year if they judge consistently through the year for major fights and organizations. Each fight may garner $150 to $25,000 for a judge as of 2011, according to the Maxizip website."

Comment

judges are almost always professinals from other fields, many of them retired.

doctors, lawyers, businesspeople, etc.

they don't need the money, for the most part.

it is not much.

Comment

How do you become a judge?

Comment

Pretty sure they all have a different price tag :P

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
              "The BLS indicates that individuals in the 10th percentile in the "Umpires, Referees and Other Sports Officials" category made $16,310 per year as of May 2010. In the 90th percentile, pay was $50,350 annually. However, because boxing judges' salaries depend on the fight purse and the number of fights refereed, some top professional boxing judges easily can exceed $100,000 per year if they judge consistently through the year for major fights and organizations. Each fight may garner $150 to $25,000 for a judge as of 2011, according to the Maxizip website."
              Interesting..........

Comment

I wonder how much they got paid in the Pacquiao/Bradley fight?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  judges are almost always professinals from other fields, many of them retired.

doctors, lawyers, businesspeople, etc.

they don't need the money, for the most part.

it is not much.
                  Any reason why docs and lawyers like to get in on it so often? I came up thinking boxing is a poor man blue collar activity

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    Any reason why docs and lawyers like to get in on it so often? I came up thinking boxing is a poor man blue collar activity
                    Yeah...and you get judged by the wealthy men. Seems very American to me.

My guess would be that just like in local fairs/pageants etc throughout history you'd have VIPs as judges of some kind. This back in the day would have been the lawyer or doctor or things along those lines. That's my balderdash answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X