Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikkel Kessler vs. the following boxers (168-175). . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikkel Kessler vs. the following boxers (168-175). . .

Tavoris Cloud (175). I think this has FOTY written all over it. We almost got this fight earlier this year, but Cloud said he had to fight his mandatory; however, he conveniently got a "pass," and paid step aside money to fight Pascal. I like Kessler in this one due to his straighter shots, and better fundamentals. Kessler finally straightening that right hand back out, and using his left hook more. However, I could easily see Kessler getting stopped because Cloud prolly hits a little harder, and is just as durable. Kessler has also lost a little bit - he's not the guy who gave Calzaghe a good fight.

Edwin Rodriguez (168). I like Kessler in this one. While Rodriguez has the faster hands, is more fresh, and has comparable fundamentals, and boxing skills, he is just missing that component needed to beat a powerful guy, with a world class jab like Kessler. Think Kessler stops him late, or wins a 117-111 type decision.

Jean Pascal (175). I'm 50/50 on this fight. Pascal has the blend of speed, and power to hurt Kessler. If he fights like he did against Dawson, he'll outpoint Kessler, but if he fights the fight he did against Froch, I think Kessler catches him, and puts his lights out. It all comes down to Pascal's wheels - if he uses them, he wins, if he overcommits, and remains stationary for long enough each round, Kessler wins.

Add other boxers you'd like to see him fight from 168-175.

Nobody with a good right hand. I mentioned before the Green fight that I don't think he can see 100% out of his eye and bam he gets dropped early by someone who isn't known for their right hand. I think that's a big reason why he's fighting southpaw McGee next.

He might be able to outbox Cloud for a while because of his jab but he is a load for the weight and a workman type who isn't going to stop, that would be pretty tough. He might not have the speed to hurt Kessler with something he doesn't see but over time his size could be a factor. Pascal I think could TKO him because of the speed/power in his right hand. Edwin might be a little green to beat him, I think he would waste himself early trying to get Kessler to respect him and gas out late and Mikkel would TKO him going into the later rounds. Edwin would make it a good fight for TV tho

I'd want to see the winner of Bute/Froch rematch those are good events. or any other southpaw who might have a belt
    Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 11-02-2012, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X