Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any boxer dominated Bernard and Hopkins talent like Roy did.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has any boxer dominated Bernard and Hopkins talent like Roy did.

Does anyone have two better wins than Roys two wins against Bernard Hopkins and James Toney

and...

Has anyone ever dominated two Hall of Fame talents on the level of Bernard and James Toney the way Roy did?
    Last edited by KiloTeague; 01-02-2012, 12:05 AM.

bernard and hopkins?

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
      Does anyone have two better wins than Roys two wins against Bernard Hopkins and James Toney

and...

Has anyone ever dominated two Hall of Fame talents on the level of Bernard and James Toney the way Roy did?

You have Ray Leonard beating Hagler and Hearns, but they were life and death fights, where Roy was never in anything close to trouble, and won easily.

Comment

I wouldn't say roy dominated Hopkins, he clearly won but he didn't dominate

Comment

Not every fight for Roy was against a world class fighter, but when he did fight a world class fighter, He dominated them and made them look very average. That is what cannot be ignored when talking about Roy. Roy was probably the most unbeatable fighter of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post

He beat him worse than Pac be Margarito, than Floyd beat Zab or Oscar. And alot ofpeople would say Pac and Floyd dominated those fights. I would say he won easily.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              I agree Nats and you know I am no BHop fan like yourself, he clearly won but Bernard was competitive and coming on late it just wasn't enough.

Comment

Taylor schooled him.

Comment

He didn't completely dominate Hopkins, but he clearly beat him handily. He dominated Toney.

I can't think of 2 wins against ATG's that were as dominant, but I can think of 2 fighters who had as good of wins, probably better.

You have Leonard ebating Benitez, Duran, Hearns, and Hagler, 4 ATG's.

You have Ali beating Liston, Frazier, and Foreman, 3 ATG's.

Ali whooped Liston, that was a dominant performance. That may be the biggest and most dominant win, on the biggest stage, in the biggest fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
                    He beat him worse than Pac be Margarito, than Floyd beat Zab or Oscar. And alot ofpeople would say Pac and Floyd dominated those fights. I would say he won easily.
                    Toney yes, Benard no imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X