Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did froch show a blue pint on how to beat ward???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did froch show a blue pint on how to beat ward???

Now bore i go into this i want to do a few disclaimers first.

1) froch got beaten by 4 rounds imo, which is what i predicted, even though im a massive froch fan. He just wasnt use to inside game(even though he was more compatitive than khan was on the inside). He got easily beaten.

2) When i say blue print i mean a tactic that would make ward struggle, not necessarily lose the fight.

Anyway. Froch, bar round 5 whihc he won imo, got his tactics completely wrong. I still think he would have lost due to losing the inside war. But rounds 5, and 10-12 i felt he really had ward imo.

Its a very course way to beat wards as hes going to out box anyone in terms of skill. But the guy literally has poor power. For a guy that landed 100 more shots than froch, it was froch that finshed far stronger, wards face was busted up, and looked shattered.

To beat ward i think you have to accepot you are going to be tagged. WAhich is fine as he doesnt have knocked out power. EAVEN AT LOWER LEVELS HES struggled for power.

Froch should have started how he started with pascal. Also done more body shots as its an easier target, and saps energy in later rounds.

Froch did to many single jabs, which wasted valueble time and energy with littel results.

Froch is a better fighter, ward is a b etter boxer.Whether it was pride or not, froch barring the 5th round tried to outbox ward, which lead to one way traffic.

If this fight was done again and froch gets heavy sdparring with inside fighters(this could be applicable to kessler, bute etc) i honestly think the score cards would have been alot closer and genuwinely 115 113, or the other way round.

thoughts?

no.

possible ways to hurt ward )cant say for sure since he hasnt looked troubled to me)

1. take away the ring- ward wants to control the centre- you want to keep him on the ropes

2. takes shots to land shots- ward's only weakness is he doesnt have power- you can walk through most of his shots

3. attack the body to take away the legs- ward has excellent movement- i would go for the body because its a) a bigger arget b) he is very elusive and generally stays out of harms way

Comment

i stopped reading after you said froch only got beaten by 4 rounds
      go to sleep

Froch only won 2 rounds

Comment

No robotic one dimensional European will ever beat the talented slick American Ward, only another slick boxer like Dirrell has a chance. Froch showed a blueprint on how to be completely outclassed and schooled on by a slick American boxer,

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
          No robotic one dimensional European will ever beat the talented slick American Ward, only another slick boxer like Dirrell has a chance. Froch showed a blueprint on how to be completely outclassed and schooled on by a slick American boxer,
          maybe sobut ward still got busted up with a swollen face for his schooling on froch.

Froch admits he got schooled, i admit he got schooled, but i also felt froch did not get his tactics right.

Admittidly even if froch does get his tactics right does not mean he would beat ward, but it would certainly been alot closer.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Carl, but unless getting punched in the face is a good tactic or blueprint, then no.

Ward has a broken hand based on the picture posted yesterday, he was simply staying out of trouble in the last of rounds and even then, I only gave Carl 2 rounds. To beat Ward, you're going to have to have a great chin to walk through him, a lot of physical strength to push him back when he tries to bully you on the ropes and also a lot of technical ability to go with it - not many guy's have all of those things.

Comment

Wishful thinking.

Carry on...

Comment

Froch tried to box with Ward and it went on for like 9 rounds until he realized this is not working out. As soon as he starting coming forward, roughing him up and acting like a pressure fighter he gained success. That's what you need to do, you're gonna have to take some shots but keep on pressuring him until he folds. It's a sign that Ward clinced the entire last 3 rounds.

Comment

Maybe beating him at chess or something.

Comment

Are you on crack? Ward won at LEAST 10 rounds. Froch didn't expose anything but himself and how **** he is. i have never seen a fighter look so out of his depth before. Ward schooled him.

Comment

Working...
                    X