No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikkel Kessler Admits Carl Froch's Pace Was Too Much

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikkel Kessler Admits Carl Froch's Pace Was Too Much

Mikkel Kessler admitted he could not handle the pace set by Carl Froch as the Nottingham man took a points win in their exciting rematch. Froch made a fast start against his super-middleweight rival and Kessler did not gain a foothold until the middle rounds, but 'The Cobra' came on strong to earn a unanimous decision at the 02 Arena in London. Kessler almost staged a grandstand finish in the 11th when a right hand left Froch on unsteady legs, but the gruelling battle had taken his toll on the 34-year-old who could not force a stoppage.

[Click Here To Read More]

you did what you could bro. its even 1-1. go to the drawing board and so maybe you can do alittle extra for the trilogy. should it happen. i hope so.

Comment

Like I've been saying, I only watched the first 4 rounds cause I had to head out but Kessler did not look like the same Kessler to me.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

If frochs pace was too much you need to retire!!!
        Ive never seen a champion throw so many meaningless punches he was sloppy an only pulled it off cuz kessler was beat even bfor he entered the ring.
        Froch can tak a punch an throw a jab against a boxer who wont move his head thats it not impressed at all i see why he dont want to fight ward.

Comment

Kessler is the GOAT gentleman of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            Like I've been saying, I only watched the first 4 rounds cause I had to head out but Kessler did not look like the same Kessler to me.

Funnily enough if it was only in the 5th/6th when he started to use his right hand. Which was odd as Froch's left was predictably low the entire fight.

Had he started properly he could have taken this (perhaps not on the official cards, but on everyone else's)

Comment

Originally posted by salitap4p#1
              Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Funnily enough if it was only in the 5th/6th when he started to use his right hand. Which was odd as Froch's left was predictably low the entire fight.

Had he started properly he could have taken this (perhaps not on the official cards, but on everyone else's)
              I was reading the RBR and noticed people were pointing the same thing out.

Comment

I think he honestly felt he could take the fight in the later rounds.

Comment

poor kessler , it's a real shame there could only be one winner

Comment

Virgil Hunter scored it a draw. Think there was a lot of bias from the Sky team yesterday. Having just rewatched the fight with the sounds off, there wasn't much in the fight. Scored it 7-5 Froch, only because the 10th was close and could have gone either way. But it wasn't nowhere near as clear as the Sky team made out.

Hoping for a trilogy on neutral ground. These guys will make more money fighting each other than anyone else so it makes sense. And everyone is guaranteed a great fight. If Kessler had more in the tank, he could have stopped Carl in the 11th and Carl could have stopped Kessler in the 12th. So maybe a stoppage could come next time!

Comment

Working...
                    X