Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on Jermain Taylor's career.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on Jermain Taylor's career.

Just been thinking about this dude lately and his career. What are your thoughts on his career?

I thought it was crazy to see him rise to the top, then fall pretty fast. Really think those Hopkins fights took something from him. He had a few fights where I thought he definitely should have won (the first Pavlik fights comes to mind & the Froch fight), but ended up losing. Then seeing him get knocked out by Abraham and exiting the Super 6 kinda sucked.

What are your thoughts on his career overall?

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
    Just been thinking about this dude lately and his career. What are your thoughts on his career?

I thought it was crazy to see him rise to the top, then fall pretty fast. Really think those Hopkins fights took something from him. He had a few fights where I thought he definitely should have won (the first Pavlik fights comes to mind & the Froch fight), but ended up losing. Then seeing him get knocked out by Abraham and exiting the Super 6 kinda sucked.

What are your thoughts on his career overall?
    was given the bhop fights by HBO and didn't win them IMO. One of the most over rated fighters ive seen in my lifetime. as soon as the protection from HBO was gone, he got the **** beat out of him.

Comment

Gifted athlete, vicious jab, solid run at MW. Was a matchup problem for anyone.

Comment

eh..........

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          was given the bhop fights by HBO and didn't win them IMO. One of the most over rated fighters ive seen in my lifetime. as soon as the protection from HBO was gone, he got the **** beat out of him.
          similar to berto

Comment

Decent fighter, at best.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
              similar to berto

he was a lot better than Berto

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

actually no, it was Hopkins' pedestrian output that cost him those bouts...Taylor flicked that jab all night long while Bernard did nothing

Comment

Was par for the course for me. He seemed more athlete than boxer too me. Also I think he got hyped and more exposure than he deserved so early in his career. I think he had a very decent career and has nothing to hang his head about when he looks back and talks about his career.

Comment

He had a good run, he beat Hopkins, because Bernard wasn't throwing many punches. His worst mistake was moving up to 168, he didn't have the chin or punching power to make the move. He might have beat Pavlik the first fight if not for Steve Smooger being the ref.

Comment

Working...
                    X