• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margarito vs Baldomir?

16 April 2009

Margarito vs Baldomir?
    By Gabriel F. Cordero

The possibility exists that former WBA/WBO welterweight champion Antonio Margarito could return as soon as June or July against former WBC welterweight champion Carlos Baldomir. The bout would certainly land in Margarito’s hometown of Tijuana, as Margarito and his trainer Javier Capetillo are currently serving a one year suspension in the United States imposed by the California Athletic Commission after it was discovered Margarito had plaster-like substances in his hand wraps before a January 24 fight against Shane Mosley. That suspenson is not observed in Mexico.

By Gabriel F. Cordero(*********)

I think it would be better for Margarito to serve his one year suspension before getting into the ring again.

Comment

Originally posted by tjadl6386 View Post
      I think it would be better for Margarito to serve his one year suspension before getting into the ring again.
      co-sign....and he shouldnt be fighting baldomir

Comment

they'll end up having broken hands after the fight.both got brick chins!

Comment

how does it work if he is allowed to fight in Mexico? I was told that Californian bodies will no longer recognise any state/country that will allow him to fight in their country/state, is this right??

I also think he should serve his time even though i'm a fan.

Comment

No doubt...2009 will come and go like nothing...Im a fan too but he should take his punishment and then fight....a 1 year lay off is not much...

on the other hand, Mosley...(well you know the rest)....

Comment

Originally posted by C.J.Mak View Post
              16 April 2009

Margarito vs Baldomir?
              By Gabriel F. Cordero

The possibility exists that former WBA/WBO welterweight champion Antonio Margarito could return as soon as June or July against former WBC welterweight champion Carlos Baldomir. The bout would certainly land in Margarito’s hometown of Tijuana, as Margarito and his trainer Javier Capetillo are currently serving a one year suspension in the United States imposed by the California Athletic Commission after it was discovered Margarito had plaster-like substances in his hand wraps before a January 24 fight against Shane Mosley. That suspenson is not observed in Mexico.

By Gabriel F. Cordero(*********)
              interesting, they got an unbeatable chin..

Comment

How funny would it be if Baldomir won. I think it would be safe to say Margarito's career as a big money fighter would be over.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                  How funny would it be if Baldomir won. I think it would be safe to say Margarito's career as a big money fighter would be over.
                  margarito's career it's alredy over. he won't be an "elite" (he never was) fighter again

Comment

Margarito should continue his career at 154lbs.

Cotto will not fight him ever again, and neither will Berto, Mayweather.

At 154 he has PW, Kirkland, Santos and others who could entertain a fight with him, even after what happened.

On the other hand, I believe the California comission have still to make their final ruling on the plaster case. If so, the penalty will be much severe.

Comment

Working...
                    X