This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Pro Wrestling

This thread is for people who are fans of pro wrestling organizations to discuss the current storylines, free agents, quality of matches, nostalgic posts about the old WWF, ECW, or WCW - or to book their own fantasy wrestling cards.

This thread is not for marks, but rather smart fans who realize that pro wrestling is a choreographed entertainment event with people under contract with the organizations for writing storylines.

This thread is not for people who wish to point out that wrestling is "stupid because it's fake" or "not a real sport" or "for nerds", etc.

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...7A7E4546739279

Looks like the new ECW may be done already:

From what i just read time is already up for the new ECW

MAJOR Shakeup In ECW: Heyman No Longer Booking

source: PWDB.com

Dave Sherer has reported that a meeting took place before Tuesday's edition of ECW on the Sci-Fi Channel between Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn and Paul Heyman. Citing disappointment with the reaction at ECW Arena in which fans chanted "This show sucks", low ticket sales (particularly for the July 4'th show in Philadelphia) and a 15% drop off in ratings from week one to week two, Vince McMahon made the decision to put an end to the "ECW Style", including a break from all old ECW characters to be re-written and re-cast in the WWE style. The idea is to turn ECW into a third brand of WWE, with a roster and storylines more in line with that of Raw and Smackdown.

Paul Heyman's control of the ECW brand has been reduced to the capacity of "advisor", while Tommy Dreamer has been completely removed from the creative process, and will act only as an on-air character. Heyman had written a script for last night's show, but it was all but thrown out when Vince McMahon disapproved of it's content and had the WWE creative team re-write the show from the ground up. Paul Heyman was also relieved of his backstage duties, as WWE brass took over and ran the show as they ran Smackdown later that night.

It is expected that the staff of ECW referees will be given their release as the company moves away from the ECW image and incorporates the brand into the WWE fold. ECW ring announcer Stephen D'angelous has already been terminated by Vince McMahon.

Mike Johnson adds in his report that beginning with last night's broadcast, the ECW roster will not be flown in for television tapings, but instead will only call for the appearance of those scheduled to work that particular show.

The general opinion backstage is that when ECW finishes it's 12 week scheduled run on the Sci-Fi channel, it may be reduced to an internet program for WWE.com, or done away with altogether.

July 3rd post:

Rhino challenged Vince McMahon to come to Orlando and take the ECW heavyweight and TV title belts from him, since he still has them. This may have been something just for the live crowd

Comment

I don't care what they do with ECW, just keep it off Raw.

I like that they put the belt on Edge. I'm calling an Edge-John Cena main event at Summerslam.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito Fan 83
        I don't care what they do with ECW, just keep it off Raw.

I like that they put the belt on Edge. I'm calling an Edge-John Cena main event at Summerslam.
        I agree with you, not because I like Raw, but because I would like to see ECW have its own style, even though with recent developments it does not appear likely...

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933
          I agree with you, not because I like Raw, but because I would like to see ECW have its own style, even though with recent developments it does not appear likely...
          Batista will be back soon and every thing will be all good again.

Comment

I watched wrestling from the early 70's to the early/mid 90's.

Haven't watched since then.

But thinking back, Does anyone else remember when Vince McMahon was a wrestling stiff? For anyone who has watched wrestling for any length of time, you know that there are 3 main kind of matches. stiff vs. stiff (worst kind) start vs. stiff (pretty lame) star vs. star (by far the best) of course there are tag team, royal rumbles etc., but those are the main 3. Anyway, Vince used to be one of the guys who would regular lose to the stars. I had no idea he was even one of the big shots until years later.

Anyone else remember back in the mid 80's when Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse the body Ventura were the commentators for WWF wrestling? That had to be one of the Hieghts of the "sport".

How about back when Andy Kaufman used to wrestle women and then his feud with The King Jerry Lawler. That **** was hilarious.

Comment

ECW sucks ass now, before it was the best wrestling out there.
              John Cena sucks so much ass, his character got old as soon as he started it. DX is funny but HHH needs go back as the KING OF KINGS, he's the Game and I hope he doesnt stray to far away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Memorex
                ECW sucks ass now, before it was the best wrestling out there.
                John Cena sucks so much ass, his character got old as soon as he started it. DX is funny but HHH needs go back as the KING OF KINGS, he's the Game and I hope he doesnt stray to far away from it.
                he's done with that he said he wants to be a good guy for the rest of his cr because he has a kid on the way. So now he just has fake orgasms with the new playboy girl on tv

Comment

Originally posted by !! Sonny !!
                  I watched wrestling from the early 70's to the early/mid 90's.

Haven't watched since then.

But thinking back, Does anyone else remember when Vince McMahon was a wrestling stiff? For anyone who has watched wrestling for any length of time, you know that there are 3 main kind of matches. stiff vs. stiff (worst kind) start vs. stiff (pretty lame) star vs. star (by far the best) of course there are tag team, royal rumbles etc., but those are the main 3. Anyway, Vince used to be one of the guys who would regular lose to the stars. I had no idea he was even one of the big shots until years later.

Anyone else remember back in the mid 80's when Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse the body Ventura were the commentators for WWF wrestling? That had to be one of the Hieghts of the "sport".

How about back when Andy Kaufman used to wrestle women and then his feud with The King Jerry Lawler. That **** was hilarious.
                  I only remember him wrestling in the 90's and today but his commentary in the 80's was the worst ever. I was watching some old tape of him and it is so funny how he talks " Hulk Hogan is going up CAN HE DO IT ? OOOOOOOO to late"

Comment

Originally posted by THE REAL NINJA
                    he's done with that he said he wants to be a good guy for the rest of his cr because he has a kid on the way. So now he just has fake orgasms with the new playboy girl on tv
                    Did he really say that? If thta's true , then it's bull****. For **** like he did in your last line.

Comment

Working...
                    X