No announcement yet.

Floyds Future...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyds Future...

Im a little confused a few recent turn of events...

In one of the recent episodes of 24/7 for Floyd V Cotto, I vividly remember Floyd n Uncle Roger having a convo in the car with Floyd saying he considering around 6 or 7 fights after this and that he wants to retire before he's 37.

Even before this he was eyeing Martinez at whatever weight...

Now after the cotto fight he has none or limited options and is pondering retirement?

Anyone wanna shed some light on this??

Thanks in advance :-)

I don't know...

Maybe he felt like he'd slipped a bit in the ring, and feels he isn't as good as he wants to be.

Perhaps he's just trying to create some drama, it's more likely the latter imo.

Comment

He's done a lot once he beats someone people pull another guy out thier ass to try and fight floyd. At the moment it's pacquiao and don't get me wrong pacquaio has a good chance to win, but if floyd goes on to beat him they will just find another bandwagon to jump on, floyds not getting younger and cant fight forever. Because he's undefeated people just want to see who can beat him but when he decides to retire for good people will always say "what if he fought this guy" or "he retired to duck that guy" there will always be excuses but the fact of it is he has nothing much to proove.
      I don't see him fighting 5 more fights id say he has 3 more maximum
      Last edited by Juof; 05-09-2012, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wild Card View Post
        Im a little confused a few recent turn of events...

In one of the recent episodes of 24/7 for Floyd V Cotto, I vividly remember Floyd n Uncle Roger having a convo in the car with Floyd saying he considering around 6 or 7 fights after this and that he wants to retire before he's 37.

Even before this he was eyeing Martinez at whatever weight...

Now after the cotto fight he has none or limited options and is pondering retirement?

Anyone wanna shed some light on this??

Thanks in advance :-)
        father time gave him a dose of reality, plus he has those brittle hands.... dude you guys can forget sergio martinez that fight aint happenin... i think floyd felt the difference a 154 even though he looked good u could tell the difference

Comment

Floyd Jr as per your thread has already said he gonna have 6-7 fights before he retires at 37.

I think that's it...

Comment

he just had a fight and is going to jail next month lets wait till later this year and see whats up

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
              He's done a lot once he beats someone people pull another guy out thier ass to try and fight floyd. At the moment it's pacquiao and don't get me wrong pacquaio has a good chance to win, but if floyd goes on to beat him they will just find another bandwagon to jump on, floyds not getting younger and cant fight forever. Because he's undefeated people just want to see who can beat him but when he decides to retire for good people will always say "what if he fought this guy" or "he retired to duck that guy" there will always be excuses but the fact of it is he has nothing much to proove.
              I don't see him fighting 5 more fights id say he has 3 more maximum
              nice post.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                he just had a fight and is going to jail next month lets wait till later this year and see whats up
                ^^^^This.

I still think Roger is right. Once Floyd gets out of jail, and starts thinking about making around 30 million per fight, he'll want to fight again.

If he doesn't fight again, will I be upset??? Of course. I want to see him fight again, probably 4-5 more times, but if he doesn't, oh well. He's still around the Top 30 All-Time, and has beaten laods of good fighters.

Comment

Working...
                X