Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Andre Ward comparible to Pre-Pacquiao Tim Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Andre Ward comparible to Pre-Pacquiao Tim Bradley?

Think about it, Bradley is a fantastic little fighter.

Good offense, Good defense, rarely drops a round, good inside game, fast, also headbutts lol, strong. Just a very good all round fighter with no noticable flaws.

Resume wise

Ward

Kessler-Abraham-Froch-Dawson

Bradley

Witter-Holt-Petersen-Alexander

Edge to ward, but Bradleys isn't too shabby and he dominated them all too.

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Think about it, Bradley is a fantastic little fighter.

Good offense, Good defense, rarely drops a round, good inside game, fast, also headbutts lol, strong. Just a very good all round fighter with no noticable flaws.

Resume wise

Ward

Kessler-Abraham-Froch-Dawson

Bradley

Witter-Holt-Petersen-Alexander

Edge to ward, but Bradleys isn't too shabby and he dominated them all too.
    I think Ward brings more to the table, but still it's a good comparison. I thought Bradley looked very poised and mature when he beat Witter, and despite how close some had that fight, I figured he would be undefeated for a long time and would kill anyone at 140. Unfortunately, I stopped caring once he moved up to welterweight. I hope Ward doesn't move up to light heavy too soon as well, he looks good at super middle.

Comment

I don't see . Bradley swings looping hooks while Ward is far more crafty, accurate, and fast. Bradley works harder where Ward works smarter. Bradley has never beat a guy on Froch's level with one hand. He certainly never even dreamed of slaughtering a guy as esteemed as Dawson. And, Ward never got a gift decision after being easily out boxed for 10 of 12 rounds.

Comment

Ward is something special. Bradly... Well... Isn't the same kind of special that we have in Ward.

Comment

They're both crafty fighters who frustrate opponents with a good outside game, and when they do find themselves in range to be hit, they tie up well as they're both very strong for their divisions. Obviously Ward is more well rounded, but style-wise there's plenty of similarities.

Comment

the hell... Andre Ward is on an entirely different level than Bradley.

Comment

There is no PAC though lol.

Comment

As big a Bradley fan as I am, he is no Andre Ward. Kessler, Froch, and Dawson are all probably more accomplished fighters than anyone Bradley has beaten. As far as in the ring, there's no comparison when it comes to how good they actually are.

Comment

Ward is better than Bradley.
                  Last edited by Someone88; 01-21-2013, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I think Ward is sharper than Bradley in a lot of areas... but yeah it feels the same when predicting how they would fare in a fight versus any style. I can see them adapting to whatever is in front of them, neutralizing the strength of opponents, and making it tough to beat them on the cards regardless of who it is.

Just making a list of how they stack up against other fighters the almost always have all the boxes ticked in their favor (minus power)....Bradley might have more of a toughness X factor though, he's had to show that more often than Ward has

Before Manny...I personally felt Bradley took a shortcut to the 'big fight' and would pay for it because he would not have enough backing to sustain his career had he lost in a big way. I thought he'd lose but it turned out even worse than that and he's paying 2x as worse than a respectable loss.

I think the Ward of today has a more solid foundation and resume thtn pre-Pac Bradley and wouldn't suffer as much from a loss/win like the Tim/Pac fiasco
                    Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 01-21-2013, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X