No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Mayorga

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins vs. Mayorga

I know that hopkins can outbox mayorga, but who thinks that mayorga can knock hopkins out?
    Does anyone think hopkins will fight mayorga? Because I haven't seen a fight in a long time where it appeared that hopkins could lose coming into the fight? I know that Delahoya is a future hall of famer, but I really don't think that there really was a doubt to whom was going to win that fight.

Hopkins will perform surgery on Mayo's one dimensional ass. plain and simply. it would be like the Trinidad fight.

Comment

First Mayorga would have to beat Trinidad tonight and I doubt it.Anyway,
      Mayorga would have no chance against Hopkins.The Executioner is too skilled for Mayorga.I think Tarver could beat Hopkins but out of all the
      154 and 160 pounders,I only give a chance to Winky Wright right now.

Comment

Winky doesnt have enough power. Bernard would devour him.

Comment

Originally posted by GodzHand
          Wright's good defense and southpaw stance.

Comment

Originally posted by GodzHand
            Not in this lifetime...it would be a very close decision either way.

Comment

I if anyone is going to beat bernard it might as well be winky wright. he has good defense and he is an accurate puncher who will accept any challenge

Comment

i agree that bernard could eaisly outbox mayorga but it would be very interesting to see mayorga force it into a dirty physical fight. i doubt bernard would ever brawl with mayo but hopkins had some pretty rough fights with allen so there is a chance it could materialize into that. i would still favor hopkins in a wright fight but winky would have a good chance, no doubt.

Comment

Hopkins could pretty much destroy Mayorga anyway he wanted--by boxing or brawling. Bernard is better at both approaches. Yes, Bernard is a better brawler. He's more controlled, goes to the body, and doesn't leave himself totatlly open. Hopkins is a correct brawler.

Mayorga's power won't even make Hopkins blink, who beat and took everything Antwun Echols, who was probably the hardest hitting 160-168 pound fighteraround, had. Watch Hopkins-Echols I or II. Now that's a down and dirty brawl. It wasn't pretty, but it was a rough, rough fight.

However, if this fight ever happens, i think Hopkins would elect to box and humiliate Mayorga.

Comment

I can't believe someone even suggested this.

Comment

Working...
                    X