Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Ready For Carlos Molina And A Fresh Start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Ready For Carlos Molina And A Fresh Start

By Jake Donovan

Less than a year ago, Amir Khan was regarded by many as the best super lightweight on the planet. Today, the 25-year old finds his career on the verge of red alert status.

Back-to-back losses coupled with a lengthy delay in between makes it long ago since Khan’s arm was raised in victory. His 5th round knockout win over Zab Judah last July looks better in retrospect, but hardly erases what has followed.

A disputed points loss to Lamont Peterson late last year was followed up by a disastrous knockout at the hands of unbeaten Danny Garcia this past July. The showdown with Garcia was a welcomed alternative to his planned rematch with Peterson, which was canceled after the American tested positive for synthetic testosterone.

Two losses later, Khan is ready to resume his winning ways, which he hopes will come in his December 15 showdown with unbeaten Carlos Molina at the Sports Arena in Los Angeles, California.

Significant changes were made in Khan’s camp, including replacing head trainer Freddie Roach in favor of Virgil Hunter. Roach is a five-time Trainer of the Year recipient and recent inductee into the Boxing Hall of Fame. However, Khan felt it was time to part ways, opting to go with red-hot Hunter, the most recent Trainer of the Year honoree in large part due to his success with unbeaten Andre Ward.

"It hasn’t been a good year but I’ll come back,” Khan (26-3, 18KO) acknowledged during Tuesday’s press conference in London. [Click Here To Read More]

Isn't Molina a lightweight with around a 35% KO rate? Hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
      Isn't Molina a lightweight with around a 35% KO rate? Hmmm....
      which carlos molina? the one that fought chavez? or the lightweight?

Comment

nevermind its the damn lightweight,since it said undefeated

Comment

So Guzman is below khans level but molina isnt ? khan is a *****

Comment

about the amir and haroon starching article i saw the whole thing there was a 4 wheel drive there near his range rover picking up some kids, they looked about 16 the kahn brothers pushed one to the ground as they walked past then a man with glasses got out of the car he looked 50 ish when amir punched him in the face they all quickly got back into there car and drove off

Comment

Unproven Lightweight Carlos Molina,,Props to khan for wanting the big fights

Comment

Originally posted by LEATHERF8CE View Post
                Unproven Lightweight Carlos Molina,,Props to khan for wanting the big fights
                I don't see how you can look down on Khan for choosing to fight an undefeated fighter after 2 straight loses, one of which was by brutal knockout.

Comment

lol : lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
                    I don't see how you can look down on Khan for choosing to fight an undefeated fighter after 2 straight loses, one of which was by brutal knockout.
                    I agree so much, I'm just laughing at the PR. Khan is in denial, he has yet to express a technical or training change, no recognition of a defect, that will help him. He has to see it, new trainer or not, to learn how to work with it. The high life and photo shoots are a waste now, expenditures with no return. It's good to be king, but this king has been stripped and there is no easy way back.

Comment

Working...
                    X