Hozumi Hasegawa VS Nonito Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hozumi Hasegawa VS Nonito Donaire

WHo wins? .....

Donaire. I like Hasegawa but he's not in the same league as Donaire. He's more in the Agbeko, Perez, Mares group (a step below Donaire and Montiel) in my opinion.

Comment

imo, hasegawa has the skill to beat anyone in his division, including montiel and donaire. there's a big question mark over his chin now though.

Comment

Burgos rocked Hasegawa with amazing uppercut in the 7th. even tho Hozumi moved up 2 weight classes he showed us heart, will and that he can compete there with young guns.

Nonito can fight JuanMa. there both the same weight.

so if Hozumi v Donaire happen at featherweight, I would say Donaire will stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
          Donaire. I like Hasegawa but he's not in the same league as Donaire. He's more in the Agbeko, Perez, Mares group (a step below Donaire and Montiel) in my opinion.
          I agree... BUt Hasegawa in no joke.. I know his stock has dropped a bit after the montiel fight but compared to a couple years back, HOzumi has elevated his game immensely...

I would pick him over Gamboa and lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
            I agree with Donaire, but I think that Hasegawa at 118 was certainly in that same realm as Montiel and Donaire.

Granted people were overrating him in the run up to the fight with Montiel, but he was above Mares, Agbeko, and Perez IMO.

Comment

Hozumi is a straight up G and it would have been the **** if he was in the Bantam tourney..

Comment

This would be a great matchup and would have generate more hype if Haz didnt get KO last time out, I would favour Nonito to overcome Haz by the 9th round.

Comment

It's too bad Hasegawa can't make 118 anymore, but Hasegawa-Gonzalez should be solid. I hope and I think Hasegawa will spark him.

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
                    imo, hasegawa has the skill to beat anyone in his division, including montiel and donaire. there's a big question mark over his chin now though.
                    Why is there a big question mark over his chin? He went through four rounds with a fucked up jaw before Montiel could hurt him.

I agree with the first part, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X