Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Broner Not a Big Lightweight, He Fought Bums

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Broner Not a Big Lightweight, He Fought Bums

Two-division champion Paulie Malignaggi is slated to face WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner on June 22nd at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. Broner will be jumping up two weight classes in an attempt to capture a third world championship. On a recent edition of BoxingScene's official audio show, The Boxing Lab, Malignaggi explained to us how the fight came to fruition.

"It was higher than all of the other offers except for (the) Abu Dhabi (offer against Diego Chaves or Humberto Soto) and for whatever reason that didn't work out. That was going to pay me even more without even knowing the opponent and that is what I was looking to do but it just didn't work out. This was the best offer in the U.S.," Malignaggi revealed. [Click Here To Read More]

Hell yes they picked you because you can't punch. But also because your chin is suspect.

This shows the value of world titles (even though there's about 10 sanctioning bodies).

Paulie got a title and sold it the highest bidder. He'll be commentating on fights and making good money. So his future is bright, but not in the ring.
    Last edited by marvin douglas; 03-15-2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Hopefully Broner will win and shut this jerk up.

Comment

I cannot wait for the first face to face meeting when Pauli realizes that Broner is bigger than him.

Pauli's days are numbered

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
          Hell yes they picked you because you can't punch. But also because your chin is suspect.

This shows the value of world titles (even though there's about 10 sanctioning bodies).

Paulie got a title and sold it the highest bidder. He'll be commentating on fights and making good money. So his future is bright, but not in the ring.
          How is his chin suspect?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            How is his chin suspect?
            I don't know. Let me see. He got KO'd by Hatton and KO'd by Khan. He was even knocked down in his last fight by Cano.

Paulie has great defense, footwork and movement. But when he gets tired he gets hit. And when he gets hit he goes down or gives up.

Take B. Rios for example. That guy gets hit square in the face 20 times a round and doesn't got down. Cotto is like that too. He gets hit and his face is all bloodied, but he still manages to hang in there.

As soon as Paulie gets hit flush, the fight is over.

Comment

Broner by 5th Round KO.Paulie is excellent...as an announcer. After the fight Broner hires Paulie to teach him to talk ****e and English though.

Comment

Paulie is going to make Broner look like a fool in the talking department.

Comment

The article was more about Broner fighting smaller fighters than him fighting bums to be honest.

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  I cannot wait for the first face to face meeting when Pauli realizes that Broner is bigger than him.

Pauli's days are numbered
                  Paulie has already met Broner, they know each other.

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                  I don't know. Let me see. He got KO'd by Hatton and KO'd by Khan. He was even knocked down in his last fight by Cano.

Paulie has great defense, footwork and movement. But when he gets tired he gets hit. And when he gets hit he goes down or gives up.

Take B. Rios for example. That guy gets hit square in the face 20 times a round and doesn't got down. Cotto is like that too. He gets hit and his face is all bloodied, but he still manages to hang in there.

As soon as Paulie gets hit flush, the fight is over.
                  Malignaggi finished his bouts with Hatton and Khan on his feet.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 03-15-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I personally think that Paulie might beat Broner.

Comment

Working...
                    X