Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewing history different: If Marciano fought Prime Louis. Frazier didn't fight Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing history different: If Marciano fought Prime Louis. Frazier didn't fight Ali

If Rocky Marciano fought Joe Louis in his prime, would Marciano be viewed as another "bum of the month" fighter?
    Especially, after Louis knocks him out.
    *not saying Rocky is a bum but would Louis get any credit if Rocky was going for his first shot at the title (like he did against Walcott, but instead, this would be a Prime Joe Louis)?

Idea and Interesting view from Tyson:

{From the start}

If Joe Frazier didn't fight Ali first before getting to Foreman, how would Frazier be viewed now?

Continue on...
    Last edited by Benny Leonard; 03-26-2009, 06:09 AM.

prime joe louis beats down rocky marciano.

prime cassius clay would have not had any problems with joe frazier.

just my opinion.

Comment

70's Ali had a much better chin.
      If Clay was fighting Frazier instead of Henry Cooper things may have been a lot different.

I think Marciano still wins but takes a beating much worse than Joe does.

Comment

Originally posted by RelliK View Post
        If Clay was fighting Frazier instead of Henry Cooper things may have been a lot different.

It's possible, especially in a first meeting, but Why do you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
          If Rocky Marciano fought Joe Louis in his prime, would Marciano be viewed as another "bum of the month" fighter?
          Especially, after Louis knocks him out.
          *not saying Rocky is a bum but would Louis get any credit if Rocky was going for his first shot at the title (like he did against Walcott, but instead, this would be a Prime Joe Louis)?
          Anything to discredit Rocky Marciano, Benny? Like you do to Calzaghe too. I see a pattern...

Next you'll be discrediting Willie Pep.
          Last edited by Ben_London.; 03-26-2009, 08:23 AM.

Comment

60's clay dances around 70's ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
              It's possible, especially in a first meeting, but Why do you say that?
              One of them toss ups where I agree that Joe has every reason in the world on paper to win this fight but so did just about everyone else the Rock fought.
              You already know he's just going to keep getting up you know he's going to get cut and knocked down and you know he's going to hit you on the chin with his elbow when he throws his Suzi Q.

+ you have that legend where Joe told Marciano that he would have beat him on anyday.

I just see it looking like a real life Rocky vs Creed. lol

Comment

One of them toss ups where I agree that Joe has every reason in the world on paper to win this fight but so did just about everyone else the Rock fought.
                You already know he's just going to keep getting up you know he's going to get cut and knocked down and you know he's going to hit you on the chin with his elbow when he throws his Suzi Q.

+ you have that legend where Joe told Marciano that he would have beat him on anyday.

I just see it looking like a real life Rocky vs Creed. lol
                Yes, but this time Rocky would be facing a legit 200 pounder in his prime. Not a blown up middle-weight and someone past their primes, but a legit HW in his prime.

I say it's "possible" Rocky wins because I've heard the Godoy fight mentioned.

But sadly, they forget that Louis was still learning and always did better in the rematches because he adjusted after seeing the style

Louis vs. Godoy II

Comment

Louis was so much better in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Ironfist View Post
                    Anything to discredit Rocky Marciano, Benny? Like you do to Calzaghe too. I see a pattern...

Next you'll be discrediting Willie Pep.
                    Willie Pep...ATG

Calzaghe: Had the talent to be "Great" but came up short in my book because he never pushed himself to be the best. He could have done that if he stepped up a while back and fought Roy in his prime many years ago. He admits Roy basically sucked before the fight but after, hyped him up to still be the same fighter.

I don't blame him for Hopkins. Hopkins didn't want to move up to fight him because he wanted to set a legacy at 160, and make a ton of money off of easier competition. Not his fault.

Great wins against Kessler and Lacey (even though I said before the fight Lacey was hype...but the point is he went out there and schooled his ass; was still a good fighter).

Rocky however, different story. I have my likes and dislikes about him.

You see what you want and you don't know me. But, I happy to discuss it with you anytime
                    Last edited by Benny Leonard; 03-26-2009, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X