No announcement yet.

Eminem to play Boxer role in new movie "Southpaw"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem to play Boxer role in new movie "Southpaw"

DreamWorks has made a preemptive acquisition of Southpaw, a pitch for a star vehicle for Eminem (Marshall Mathers) that will be written by Sons of Anarchy creator/exec producer Kurt Sutter. Like in Eminem’s 2002 screen starring debut 8 Mile, Southpaw will be fueled by the struggles that inform Eminem’s music and mirror his life. Eminem will play a fast-rising welterweight boxer who brawls his way to the title, only to see his world crash down around him due to tragedy. The movie is about his fight to reclaim past glory.” At its core, this is a retelling of his struggles over the last five years of his life, using the boxing analogy,” Sutter continued. “I love that the title refers to Marshall being a lefty, which is to boxing what a white rapper is to Hip-Hop; dangerous, unwanted and completely unorthodox. It’s a much harder road for a southpaw than a right handed boxer.”

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I was impressed by Eminem's acting ability in "8 Mile". I thought he did a really good job.

Also, it's nice to see some decent boxing movies being made.

Comment

Ya right if they really wanted to make a movie analogous to his life it would be about some guy who wins the lottery and lives in a giant mansion but keeps complaining about his emotions and ****.

Comment

does the title character get to bone mariah carey?

Comment

Is it gonna be about boxer Charlie Zelenoff? lol

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
            DreamWorks has made a preemptive acquisition of Southpaw, a pitch for a star vehicle for Eminem (Marshall Mathers) that will be written by Sons of Anarchy creator/exec producer Kurt Sutter. Like in Eminem’s 2002 screen starring debut 8 Mile, Southpaw will be fueled by the struggles that inform Eminem’s music and mirror his life. Eminem will play a fast-rising welterweight boxer who brawls his way to the title, only to see his world crash down around him due to tragedy. The movie is about his fight to reclaim past glory.” At its core, this is a retelling of his struggles over the last five years of his life, using the boxing analogy,” Sutter continued. “I love that the title refers to Marshall being a lefty, which is to boxing what a white rapper is to Hip-Hop; dangerous, unwanted and completely unorthodox. It’s a much harder road for a southpaw than a right handed boxer.”
            That was a terrible analogy right there.

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
              I almost punched my monitor when I read that.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                Ya right if they really wanted to make a movie analogous to his life it would be about some guy who wins the lottery and lives in a giant mansion but keeps complaining about his emotions and ****.
                I gotta agree with you. You grew up poor - big ****ing deal, a lot of people do.

He's been wealthy for the entire prime of his life and will be until he dies. STFU and stop rapping about drugs and get shot like a normal rapper and rhyme about that.

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
                  LOL Yea...

Comment

If anything a southpaw figther has it easier since he is unorthodox. lol ******ed director.

Comment

Working...
                    X