No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murray Doesn't See Any Weaknesses in Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murray Doesn't See Any Weaknesses in Sergio Martinez

WBA interim-champion Martin Murray (25-0-1, 11KOs) is not bothered that WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs) will have the home advantage on April 27th when they clash in Argentina.

Murray has seen several of Martinez's fights and can't find any specific weakness to expose. He doesn't even see the age of Martinez [37-years-old] as playing a role in the fight. [Click Here To Read More]

Not a good sign at all

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
      Not a good sign at all
      You're right, Larry. He should underestimate him & not bother training.

Comment

sergio has a few weaknesses but nothing murray will be able to take advantage off

Comment

biggest weakness = Mid fight slow down Sergio always does. And no, Sergio having his hands down isn't a weakness for him since he's usually a good distance from his opponent when doing so.

Comment

Hard to beat a guy you don't see any weaknesses in, but I'm sure Murray will come to fight.

Comment

He doesn't clinch when he's about to get KTFO for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by icebergisonfire View Post
                He doesn't clinch when he's about to get KTFO for starters.
                How could you know if he was going to be KTFO? He kept on fighting and did not get knocked out after he was knocked down. He probably should have clinched or better yet not fought as aggressively in the 12th since he was up 11 rounds, but it still worked out for him in the end in terms of getting the victory.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
                  How could you know if he was going to be KTFO? He kept on fighting and did not get knocked out after he was knocked down. He probably should have clinched or better yet not fought as aggressively in the 12th since he was up 11 rounds, but it still worked out for him in the end in terms of getting the victory.
                  I didnt think Sergio showed any heart in that last round, I think he showed pure stupidity! After 12 rounds, he didnt learn that he couldnt hurt Chavez? This guy gets crashed, and gets up to try to fight him off, when the guy dont feel his punches! He only won by luck, because he was about to be outta there if Chavez didnt push him down.

Comment

Murray doesn't sound like a fighter that thinks he has a chance of winning. I didn't either, but its sad to hear a fighter proverbially throw in the towel before the opening bell.

Comment

Working...
                    X