Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love all this talk about Martinez being overrated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love all this talk about Martinez being overrated.

If he's so damn overrated, then why do the top 2 pfp fighters refuse to say his name for a match at 154? Since he's so damn overrated.

Pacman going 12 against a shot 40 year old Mosley was not a pfp performance.

Why did Floyd resort to 2 cheap shots in a fairly competitive fight against a 24 year old?

I hope that 1 of those #1 & 2 decide to grow some nutts & meat Martinez at 154 to see what's really up.

Ps. Darren Barker was clearly a better fighter than we all thought. Give the man some credit, instead of trying to discredit Martinez.

I love it to. Maybe these people ducking him will believe it and step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      If he's so damn overrated, then why do the top 2 pfp fighters refuse to say his name for a match at 154? Since he's so damn overrated.

Pacman going 12 against a shot 40 year old Mosley was not a pfp performance.

Why did Floyd resort to 2 cheap shots in a fairly competitive fight against a 24 year old?

I hope that 1 of those #1 & 2 decide to grow some nutts & meat Martinez at 154 to see what's really up.

Ps. Darren Barker was clearly a better fighter than we all thought. Give the man some credit, instead of trying to discredit Martinez.
      Could it be because they campaign at 147, not 154?

LOL @ "to see what's really up."

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

I know, I'd casually leave out that Pacman beat a cheating bum for his title at 154 & Floyd beat Oscar for a title there too. If Pacman can fight Margarito there *& Floyd can fioght Oscar & Martinez is overrated, what's the problem?

Comment

Dude is overrated. He still a good fighter but i wouldnt pick him over floyd nor manny.

Comment

Barker does deserve credit, but Pacquiao and Mayweather have both faced more criticism than Martinez is for doing better against better fighters than Barker.

If Sergio is going to be on the Pacquiao/Mayweather level, this is the criticism that comes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I know, I'd casually leave out that Pacman beat a cheating bum for his title at 154 & Floyd beat Oscar for a title there too. If Pacman can fight Margarito there *& Floyd can fioght Oscar & Martinez is overrated, what's the problem?
              Did they stay at 154 or did the run back down to a more comfortable weight-class?

If they fight him at 154 at a weight-class they're not comfortable in. More credit should be giving to them then Martinez himself. But, you can't blame anyone for fighting at a weight-class they're not comfortable in. I will never ask Martinez to fight at a weight he isn't comfortable in fighting in.

Both Floyd and Pac tried it. Didn't like the weight-class and in their very next fight went to a weight-class they felt it suited them more...So what's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

Don't bother, people who feel Pacquiao and Mayweather are ducking Martinez feel that way, and nothing will change their mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                  Dude is overrated. He still a good fighter but i wouldnt pick him over floyd nor manny.
                  Unless Martinez is drained he beats Pac down. Not only is he talented but he has too much size on Pac to go along with his attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                    Yeah he's overrated, but I'd love you to explain to me how a fighter that stuggled & looked clumsy against a shot 40 year old Mosley would beat him. Floyd would be competitive but he still looses. Pacman just gets steamrolled, that's why he's fighting Marquez at 147.

Comment

Working...
                    X