No announcement yet.

Double End Bag Work....Vid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double End Bag Work....Vid

Its a new toy i just got so need some more experience, whatcha ya'll bustas think haha jk. Yeah i wish i could go around the bag w footwork but i gotta deal with what I have. Do advise on needed improvement. 16 oz glovez too

Please Comment

Last edited by Unknown Champ; 07-09-2011, 08:58 PM.

23 views and no comments? Everyone on here claims to be an expert so break it down haha

Comment

Comment

Don't try to be fancy with it, slow down and get your movements right, then, start addind speed, sometimes you're shots are compact and snappy, and then they're wide and sort of pushing, work your jab to set up combos, dom't just throw the combos out there simply because, and return youthands to your gaurd every time, no need for wide slips either, keep it compact and sharp, keep working at it, we all are.

Comment

I usually don't comment on things like this but I'm going to help you out.

First, you need to tie that thing tighter, a double end bag needs to have rebound to it. It needs to be tight enough to where you can hit and it comes back to you so you can work defense and offense at the same time.

Second, don't hit it so hard. The double end bag is not a tool that is for power, it's for speed and reflexes. It's to get a nice rhythm with the jab and set up upper cuts and straight shots.

I would recommend looking on youtube to see how some fighters use it. You are trying to hit it hard or look good doing it and it's a tool for something completely different.

Comment

At least he has the height set right.

And yes it should bounce back to you and hit you if your defense is down.

I have this bag as well and it helped me with gaining the snap in my punches.

Comment

I love these things man, id reccommened u tighten it up a bit tho (the bag i mean)

Comment

firstly don't dance around while your not hitting it, secondly after you trhow each punch your hands come back to your face they don't go down then back up

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
                  firstly don't dance around while your not hitting it, secondly after you throw each punch your hands come back to your face they don't go down then back up
                  haha why cant i dance around? I agree that i need to bring the hands right back to my face.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                    I usually don't comment on things like this but I'm going to help you out.

First, you need to tie that thing tighter, a double end bag needs to have rebound to it. It needs to be tight enough to where you can hit and it comes back to you so you can work defense and offense at the same time.

Second, don't hit it so hard. The double end bag is not a tool that is for power, it's for speed and reflexes. It's to get a nice rhythm with the jab and set up upper cuts and straight shots.

I would recommend looking on youtube to see how some fighters use it. You are trying to hit it hard or look good doing it and it's a tool for something completely different.

Thanks man that is very sound advice.

Comment

Working...
                    X