No announcement yet.

low carb diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low carb diet

im going on a low carb diet to get more shredded but I want to keep my strength. Can low carb diet and lift weights will get me strength? anyone?

How low?

It will work as long as you take in more protein.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
      How low?

It will work as long as you take in more protein.
      I dont eat starch for three days then on the forth day I treat myself with oats, wheat bread or brown rice etc.. for carbs and repeat the cycle

Comment

Tried it.. Always end up angry, hungry and with a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by phook View Post
          I dont eat starch for three days then on the forth day I treat myself with oats, wheat bread or brown rice etc.. for carbs and repeat the cycle
          Figure out the splits for the macros you are going to eat on workout and non workout days.

But you should lose weight and at the very least maintain your strength on a low carb diet just make sure you are taking in enough protein. But try it out and see if it works everyones body is different.

Comment

the breakdown of carbohydrates and fats provide your body with its main source of energy, glycogen. if you suddenly cut out carbs and fats then your body will start using protein as an emergency source of energy especially when working out. you will feel a distinct lack of energy as protein is only used as an emergency energy source and is used really to help repair and rebuild muscle after working out, so when you are working out your body will be using protein to provide your energy source hence taking protein stored within the muscles to provide this energy which is detrimental to what you are trying to achieve in gaining strength. if you don't want to gain too much mass eat foods high in fibre that will give you slow releasing energy and also leave you feeling fuller for longer and increase your intake of essential fatty acids to help provide you with the right source of energy so your protein intake can be used to build and repair your muscles. Carbohydrates are the most important essential nutrient. Also your body can only process a certain amount of protein per serving and too much protein and as with fats or carbs will end up as adipose tissue (fat) and too much can also damage your kidneys. if you want to gain strength and stay cut then google plyometric exercises as strength training in the gym which is usually sets of 3-6 reps will cause you to gain some mass.

Comment

Working...
            X