No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire, Rigondeaux’s Manager Clarify Latest VADA Beef

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire, Rigondeaux’s Manager Clarify Latest VADA Beef

You say USADA, I say VADA. Let’s call the whole thing off?

The latest turn in the Nonito Donaire-Guillermo Rigondeaux drama saw Rigondeaux turn in what appears to be an incomplete contract that would submit him to random drug testing administered by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA).

The two fighters met in New York City last Thursday for Top Rank's initial press conference to announce their Apr. 13 HBO-televised main event at Radio City Music Hall. Rigondeaux’s unsigned VADA form was the last stipulation holding the bout back.

The New York Daily News reported Friday that both sides had agreed that Rigondeaux would be allowed to undergo random testing through the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA). However, a USADA spokeswoman told the Daily News, “This is the first we ever heard about it.” [Click Here To Read More]

Oh not this BS again! Now Rigo signs and returns incomplete contracts? WTF?

Comment

man what is going on here!

Comment

so its just Rigo that is going through USADA? seems BS to me but whatever

Comment

The main beef that isn't mentioned here, is that team Rigo wanted Donaire to sign the same papers Rigo had to sign. I'm not sure if it was WADA or USADA, but there was an agreement that only Rigo signed and not Nonito. So Rigo wanted Nonito to sign the same thing as him. Bob Arum was getting impatient and came to Rigo and asked him to sign... Rigo told Bob that he wanted Donaire to have the same tests as him. Bob said "don't worry, i'll take care of it personally, Donaire will have to sign". Team Rigo wasn't satisfied so they kept waiting. After about an hour or so Bob came back and told Rigo straight up he had to sign the agreement or he would call off the fight. Of course, Rigo immediately signed, but he was unsatisfied because Nonito didn't sign the other part and all he had was Arum's word (which, as we know, is worth poop).

I know this thanks to someone who went to the press conference who talked to team Rigo after all the beef and the drama concluded.
          Last edited by 537Bwouaye; 02-23-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

No, Rigo is not stalling at all

Comment

Originally posted by 537Bwouaye View Post
              The main beef that isn't mentioned here, is that team Rigo wanted Donaire to sign the same papers Rigo had to sign. I'm not sure if it was WADA or USADA, but there was an agreement that only Rigo signed and not Nonito. So Rigo wanted Nonito to sign the same thing as him. Bob Arum was getting impatient and came to Rigo and asked him to sign... Rigo told Bob that he wanted Donaire to have the same tests as him. Bob said "don't worry, i'll take care of it personally, Donaire will have to sign". Team Rigo wasn't satisfied so they kept waiting. After about an hour or so Bob came back and told Rigo straight up he had to sign the agreement or he would call off the fight. Of course, Rigo immediately signed, but he was unsatisfied because Nonito didn't sign the other part and all he had was Arum's word (which, as we know, is worth poop).

I know this thanks to someone who went to the press conference who talked to team Rigo after all the beef and the drama concluded.
              Donaire is already getting tested all year long by VADA, he doesn't have to sign anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                No, Rigo is not stalling at all
                I know like I'm no doctor but he looks totally suspicious now

Comment

Donaire can't wait to pull the plug on this thing.

Comment

watch rigo test positive

Comment

Working...
                    X