No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brian Magee Decisions Barbosa, Wins WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brian Magee Decisions Barbosa, Wins WBA Title

At Gimnasio Nacional in San Jose, Costa Rica, Brian Magee (35-4-1, 24KOs) bounced back from his loss to Lucian Bute, and won a twelve round unanimous decision over Jaime Barboza (17-5, 8KOs) to win the interim WBA super middleweight title. Magee outworked Barboza in almost every round. The television announcers never disclosed the actual scores that were announced to the live crowd.

[Click Here To Read More]

I have questions.

How is the history book of boxing written when it comes to Silver, Diamond, Regular, and Super champions are concerned? Whose name is imprinted on the book as the real champions of the division? Are all the names forever imprinted as champions?

It really diminishes the term champion when there are about 3 more people below you of the same organizational belt calling themselves champions.

Comment

Title belts are meaningless these days. This is a classic example of why

Comment

shlt first the wbc now the wba,What a joke

Comment

Comment

Lol @ Interim.

Comment

This is what I hear when someone says they have a belt:

"I have a belt."
              "I have a BELT!"
              "I have a belt,
              cuz I box for life."

And I like Maidana too. Dammit!

Comment

Good for Brian Magee to get a victory. The title, however, is ridiculous. This whole 'belts gone wild' phenomenon is really hurting the sport. Not only are there at least five major sanctioning bodies, some of them have the policy of multiple belts holders in divisions. Like so many have said, this policy simply renders the whole idea of a world champion absurd.

To think that the WBC and the WBA, two historical sanctioning bodies are the main culprits in damaging the sport is really another sign of why the sport of boxing is not shining as brightly as it could be.

Comment

we had like 3 or 4 new world champs crowned in just a single day! what an era we live in. consider yourself lucky folks. so much greatness all around us.

Comment

Delighted for Magee and even though the current belt situation is stupid Magee went to Denmark to beat Nielson went to Canada and gave Bute a decent go before losing and went to this guys country to win the interim title

Comment

Working...
                    X