No announcement yet.

Pacquiao and Floyd: Only a Few Options Fans Want to See

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao and Floyd: Only a Few Options Fans Want to See

The way I see it Floyd and Manny really only have a few options open if they want fans to be pleased and/or want to add to their respective legacies.

Below I'm going to rank what I would consider the most compelling fights for both in order. This is assuming all the fighters below win their next fights if they have any scheduled.

Floyd Mayweather:

1. Manny Pacquaio

2. Sergio Martinez (at 154 lbs.)

3. Miguel Cotto (at 154 or 147)

4. Amir Khan

5. Timothy Bradley

6. Saul Alvarez

Manny Pacquaio:

1. Floyd Mayweather

2. Sergio Martinez (would likely have to be a catchweight of 150-152, but I don't know if this is even viable)

3. Miguel Cotto rematch (maybe Cotto will perform better with Stewart as his trainer)

4. Timothy Bradley

5. Saul Alvarez

6. ??? Pretty much any top contender from lightweight-junior middleweight (Rios, Guerrero, Soto, Maidana, Berto, Ortiz, Guzman, Alexander, Peterson, Matthysse, (Mike) Jones, Trout, Angulo, etc.). Not really desired and none of them probably deserve it in my view, but you never know one could always step up.

Let me know what you guys think.

Canelo, Khan and Bradley are above Cotto.

Comment

A Cotto/Pacquiao rematch doesn't interest me at all...at any weight.

Comment

I disagreee. Cotto's resume is better than those three and if he is able to win convincingly against Margarito then he would have avenged one of his losses that may very well only have happened because of cheating (perhaps Cotto dominating will prove it in the eyes of many). That would mean his only legitimate loss would have been against Pacquiao, which was also before he brought Stewart in as his trainer.

Comment

We need a canelo/cotto fight must happen

Comment

if they dont fight each other only other fight that interest me is Martinez

Comment

Marg fight means nothing 'cept to fanboys. Cotto has not fought serious opposition since his defeat. He seems to have lost his speed and going up in weight didn't help him.

Originally posted by BALLISTIC View Post
              We need a canelo/cotto fight must happen
              I agree with this guy.

Comment

Cotto-Alvarez would certainly be compelling and it would also shoot one or the other up the P4P charts.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
                  Marg fight means nothing 'cept to fanboys. Cotto has not fought serious opposition since his defeat. He seems to have lost his speed and going up in weight didn't help him.

I agree with this guy.
                  It's a fair opinion and perhaps Cotto will need to prove himself against someone like Alvarez if he wants a shot at Manny (again) or Floyd. Many have speculated that the punishment he took at the hands of Margarito and Pacquiao may have left lasting damage.

Comment

Bob Arum already got Bradley lined up.

Comment

Working...
                    X