No announcement yet.

Round by Round Coverage; Shane Mosley-Ricardo Mayorga

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round by Round Coverage; Shane Mosley-Ricardo Mayorga

By Rick Reeno - Later tonight at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, former three-division champion "Sugar" Shane Mosley (44-5, 37 KOS) will collide with former two-division champion Ricardo "El Matador" Mayorga (28-6-1, 22 KOS).

Over the last few years, Mayorga has become the "go-to-opponent" when name fighters are looking for the perfect win to help them land a bigger fight. Felix Trinidad unretired, the first time, and used Mayorga for his comeback fight. De La Hoya, after being knocked out by Bernard Hopkins, used Mayorga for his first post-knockout loss fight. Mayorga made De La Hoya and Trinidad look spectacular in the ring, Mosley is hoping to achieve the same result in order to set up a showdown with WBA welterweight champion Antonio Margarito in the first-quarter of 2009. [details]

shane is faster than mayorga. by the time mayorga unload his overhand killer right, shane will be three steps behind mayorga's back. mayorga will attack shane but before he can throw his overhand right, his face is already smashed by shane's left and right combo. this will go on until round 6.

i hope mayorga will not shout "no mas, no mas".

Comment

I think this is going to be a easy fight for Mosley. By the time Mayorga gets back after trying to land, he's going to get smothered with combo's.

Comment

Shane will beat Mayorga because mayorga got destoyed by delahoya and shane destroyed dela hoya twice. shane should just fight gamboa so he could get ko'd round one. That way the world will understand who is the best.

Comment

Shane needs to stand and fight with this guy, dont back up, using his faster sharper combo's and his better punching technique. I think he stops him late.
          His chin and power are much the same as Ricardo's.

6K on Mosley any takers?

Comment

Mosley should handle Mayorga pretty easily

Comment

this fight is unpredicatable... Mayorga could land that money punch any time during the fight. but shane mosley has a good chin.

this fight will end in a knockout.

Shane Mosley by TKO early (rounds 3-6)

Comment

Can' Wait for tonight's boxing!

Comment

I just hope Mayorga gets lucky tonight.. I put 5 bucks on him for the hell of it LMAO.

Comment

Working...
                  X