No announcement yet.

Cotto Willing To Delay His retirement. He Wants To Stay 2 More Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto Willing To Delay His retirement. He Wants To Stay 2 More Years

Miguel Cotto today finally made public what was coming long been rumored that the famous trainer Emanuel Steward will be responsible for his corner facing the fight against Yuri Foreman.

Cotto, like many well-known figures have made recently, using alternative media, Twitter and the radio program ""La Perrera Senior Vto publicize the news that had been brought earlier today by El Nuevo Dia

In the social network, the boxer wrote, "Good morning, today officially I informed that Mr. Emanuel Steward will be my new coach. And will join my corner with Joe Santiago, Joe Chavez and my brother Jose. On June 5 we will make history again. Thanks for your support!. "

While on the radio program, hosted by Ali Warrington, Eric Valcourt and Yamaris Latorre, said the boxer who made the approach to Steward following the wishes of his deceased father, Miguel Cotto. "Before the old man died, that was one of hid desires, one of the moves he wanted to do, so we gave it a try to what he wanted."

He added that the search for a new coach, in addition to meeting with Stewart, also spoke with Buddy McGirt.

As for the expectations that he and his team are working on contributions of Steward, Cotto said he expects steward to bring experience and knowledge. "Not only is a change for Miguel Cotto, but for the entire group," he said.

Bryan Perez, director of operations for Cotto and had the opportunity to talk with the famous trainer during the journey from the airport to Humacao on Wednesday night, he said he "did not come to make changes, but to add and work with what Miguel has, to refresh his skills. " Perez described the trainer of boxers like Oscar de la Hoya, Wladimir Klitschko and Tommy Hearns, among others, as "super nice person" and "well nice."

Without revealing numbers, as he joked with the animators, Cotto said he reached a good agreement with Steward. "Agreements are beneficial to him and beneficial to us. He aint didnt came for free, he came to do a job and I'm here to do my job and do my part to get my career back on track. "

The fighter accepted that during the last years of his career he was not comfortable and that he had lost the love for boxing. He added that if the love comes back, he could delay his retirement a year or two.

"Miguel Cotto in the last three, four years have not worked in the most comfortable way, before the break with Evangelista ... Courage, always working under pressure and I lost some love, some love to this that has given me so much that it is boxing and we will try to regain that lost love ... If the passion comes back, Miguel Cotto will continue ... one, two years, "he said.

http://www.elnuevodia.com/voyavolver...ra-696681.html

well lets see how the foreman fight goes..working behind a jab could proling his career and allow him to take less punishment..but once he gets hit he may resort to his macho stlye

Comment

I hope he does well, and fights 3 more fights.

Berto, Floyd and then whomever wants it, a guy like Williams or Pacquiao again.

Comment

Cant wait to see Cotto in action in again..

Would love to see him fight, Berto and Mayweather after Forman..

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          Miguel Cotto today finally made public what was coming long been rumored that the famous trainer Emanuel Steward will be responsible for his corner facing the fight against Yuri Foreman.

Cotto, like many well-known figures have made recently, using alternative media, Twitter and the radio program ""La Perrera Senior Vto publicize the news that had been brought earlier today by El Nuevo Dia

In the social network, the boxer wrote, "Good morning, today officially I informed that Mr. Emanuel Steward will be my new coach. And will join my corner with Joe Santiago, Joe Chavez and my brother Jose. On June 5 we will make history again. Thanks for your support!. "

While on the radio program, hosted by Ali Warrington, Eric Valcourt and Yamaris Latorre, said the boxer who made the approach to Steward following the wishes of his deceased father, Miguel Cotto. "Before the old man died, that was one of hid desires, one of the moves he wanted to do, so we gave it a try to what he wanted."

He added that the search for a new coach, in addition to meeting with Stewart, also spoke with Buddy McGirt.

As for the expectations that he and his team are working on contributions of Steward, Cotto said he expects steward to bring experience and knowledge. "Not only is a change for Miguel Cotto, but for the entire group," he said.

Bryan Perez, director of operations for Cotto and had the opportunity to talk with the famous trainer during the journey from the airport to Humacao on Wednesday night, he said he "did not come to make changes, but to add and work with what Miguel has, to refresh his skills. " Perez described the trainer of boxers like Oscar de la Hoya, Wladimir Klitschko and Tommy Hearns, among others, as "super nice person" and "well nice."

Without revealing numbers, as he joked with the animators, Cotto said he reached a good agreement with Steward. "Agreements are beneficial to him and beneficial to us. He aint didnt came for free, he came to do a job and I'm here to do my job and do my part to get my career back on track. "

The fighter accepted that during the last years of his career he was not comfortable and that he had lost the love for boxing. He added that if the love comes back, he could delay his retirement a year or two.

"Miguel Cotto in the last three, four years have not worked in the most comfortable way, before the break with Evangelista ... Courage, always working under pressure and I lost some love, some love to this that has given me so much that it is boxing and we will try to regain that lost love ... If the passion comes back, Miguel Cotto will continue ... one, two years, "he said.

http://www.elnuevodia.com/voyavolver...ra-696681.html
          if cotto can improve his defense and learn to clinch it will improve his longevity, but his fights will become more boring.

Comment

Been a big supporter of his for a while now. Hope to see him have one last good run.

Comment

yaaaaay!

cotto stans, get ur alts back here

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz View Post
                Cant wait to see Cotto in action in again..

Would love to see him fight, Berto and Mayweather after Forman..
                Thats the waay I think too. The winner of Berto-Quintanaa and if he wins that Match, Mayweather. Then he can retire in peace with the best WW resume in the past 10 years!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  Been a big supporter of his for a while now. Hope to see him have one last good run.
                  WTF is wrong with you and your sig? LOL

Cotto destroys him at either weight lol.

It would be good to see Cotto get 15 mills though

Comment

I think Cotto can bounce hack from his losses and the more I think about the match up with Steward, the more I see it being a great move for Cotto. When Cotto boxes smart, he is highly successful. To prolong his career, I can see Manny having Cotto box more and engage less. He needs to take a note from Mayweather and Hopkins and just box to win, instead of trying to please the crowd.

Comment

Working...
                    X