Morales vs. Ayala

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morales vs. Ayala

Wow...

Morales is looking like a cold-blooded sharpshooter in there in this fight. I cannot believe the amount of flush, hard punches he is landing on Ayala, and it is almost every punch in the book.

Other than the jab, he has landed every punch I can think of, and they have all made me say "Wow!" or something like that.

Left Uppercut
    Right Uppercut (and a ton of them)
    Straight Right
    Left Hook (these look particularly brutal in this fight)

He has shown me a couple of other things in this fight that have made me say "Wow!" too...

At the end of one round, he countered with a good shot, and when it knocked Ayala back, he turned into an absolute savage, throwing and landing vicious shot after vicious shot until the round was over.

At the end of round 6, he seriously had me wondering when he turned into Floyd Mayweather defensively... he was ducking and slipping shots on the ropes and countering with real hard shots.

I just can't believe all the great stuff I have seen in this fight so far, and it is only the 6th round...

Morales was actually a skilled boxer if he wanted to be, he just loved fighting but he could box when he wanted to behind his jab and pick his spots, didn't happen often though, he'd get drawn into brawls most of the time.

Comment

More random audible noises came from my mouth in round 7... Morales was showboating and then just launched two separate combinations that knocked Ayala across the ring.

The most impressive thing in this fight so far? The chin and heart of Paulie Ayala... he is being taken apart, piece by piece, and he hasn't been hurt and is firing punches back like Ayala is still trying to win the fight.

Pretty incredible fight for being such a clear crush on the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        Morales was actually a skilled boxer if he wanted to be, he just loved fighting but he could box when he wanted to behind his jab and pick his spots, didn't happen often though, he'd get drawn into brawls most of the time.
        He still isn't exactly boxing though...

I have labeled what he and people like Juan Manuel and Rafael Marquez do as boxing-engaging... Basically using the skills a slick boxer has to actually fight and get the better of it because of the better technique, straighter punches, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
          He still isn't exactly boxing though...

I have labeled what he and people like Juan Manuel and Rafael Marquez do as boxing-engaging... Basically using the skills a slick boxer has to actually fight and get the better of it because of the better technique, straighter punches, etc.
          I understand what you're saying, it's aggressive boxing or power boxing, Morales can box when he wanted to though.

Comment

I wonder why Morales is being a such jerk in this fight...

Normally he was a pretty good sport unless the guy he was fighting was a d-bag in the press conferences leading up or was fouling a lot. I can't imagine Ayala was a real jerk leading up, and he hasn't done anything dirty yet. Morales seems to be very against touching gloves, and actually made fun of Ayala when Ayala hit him flush with his best shot of the night. Morales started to lean over like he was hurt, but obviously was joking.

Weird...

Comment

I think he was just showing disrespect to Ayala's punching power, probably nothing personal.

Morales also hurt both his hands in the fight if I remember correctly.

Comment

Wow... this fight really trailed off for the last few rounds, until the 12th round...

When Morales decided to go into beast mode looking for the knockout. I'm actually pretty shocked he didn't get it... He landed 76 out of 141 shots in that round, and they still looked real hard.

For the first time in the fight, he looked really hurt, and I thought he was going out, but he survived. Credit to Paulie Ayala.

Great fight if you want to see the skill set that Erik Morales has.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  I think he was just showing disrespect to Ayala's punching power, probably nothing personal.

Morales also hurt both his hands in the fight if I remember correctly.
                  He said he hurt his left in the corner, but... I didn't hear anything about his right.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                    I wonder why Morales is being a such jerk in this fight...

Normally he was a pretty good sport unless the guy he was fighting was a d-bag in the press conferences leading up or was fouling a lot. I can't imagine Ayala was a real jerk leading up, and he hasn't done anything dirty yet. Morales seems to be very against touching gloves, and actually made fun of Ayala when Ayala hit him flush with his best shot of the night. Morales started to lean over like he was hurt, but obviously was joking.

Weird...
                    Wasn't Ayala friends with Barrera? Maybe that had something to do with it. They may have exchanged words at some point or some ****e.

Comment

Working...
                    X