Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[UPDATE] 2 months in, updating with a video.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [UPDATE] 2 months in, updating with a video.

JUNE 6th

JULY 5th

And my most recent video, shot it a few days ago.
    I listened to a lot of the advice I got from my original post, what do you guys think?

AUGUST 4th

1- you still dancing around
    2- your trowing your punches wrong
    3- your mad slow
    4- being fat ain't an excuse
    5- the most valuable piece of advice they gave you was JOIN A ****ING GYM

Comment

join a gym. and keep your guard ALWAYS up, dont try and pretend to be like floyd mayweather or roy jones cause imitating them isnt going to get you anywhere (or any popular defensive boxers for that matter) also you're just swinging your arms, try and put some waist into that and keep your pace slow, your body isn't catching up with your hand speed. if you're form isn't right, well why are you rushing? take it slow, pace down, and throw your punches with accurate techniques and form. and at 1:34 you JUMPED and threw your hook, thats a bad thing cause you'll just get knocked the fck out by a counter. but other than that work hard, join a gym, and you'll get there

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
        1- you still dancing around
        2- your trowing your punches wrong
        3- your mad slow
        4- being fat ain't an excuse
        5- the most valuable piece of advice they gave you was JOIN A ****ING GYM
        Thanks for the advice Bernardtelo from Boxingscene.com!
        I just got a job last week, so I'll join a gym once I get paid, it'll probably be another 2 weeks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanMauler View Post
          Thanks for the advice Bernardtelo from Boxingscene.com!
          I just got a job last week, so I'll join a gym once I get paid, it'll probably be another 2 weeks for that.
          not from boxingscene, from a boxing gym.

Comment

ok atleast you tried... but i'd work on punching properly in correct form and your swinging your arms way to much.. your punches should be coming from your hips, MASTER THE BASICS FIRST.

Comment

why does it say video is private? doesn't allow me to view it

Comment

Train in a real boxing gym for 3 months then shoot a video. Post the video here along with your backyard untrained boxing video. The before and after will provide a good educational tool for people who think they can learn boxing without a gym or coach and hopefully save the next guy some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Uselesspoop View Post
                  why does it say video is private? doesn't allow me to view it
                  it should be good now.

Comment

Yeah you need to be shadowboxing and maybe exercising more. You should be turning your punches over. That wide slapping hook looks like something an mma fighter would do. We don't do that in boxing, you want to turn your hips with the punch and get your shoulder behind that hook. A lot of gyms teach to pivot with your hooks, fighters like BHop don't do that, but you should learn that for now and decide later if you use it or not (it will add power because currently I can see that is lacking). Don't swing all haymakers, work behind the jab, and move your head when you're finished throwing. You may think you're getting into shape and developing the conditioning now, but you risk developing hard to break bad habits, and fighters that don't move their heads when they're finished punching usually end up kissing the canvas. The dancing around part isn't bad, but try to have a purpose behind it. Move laterally after throwing the combinations so your opponent (imagine one) doesn't have a sitting duck to counter. The Micky Ward days are over, watch more successful boxers than entertaining ones. As someone said before, keep that hand up. Anytime one punch leaves your face, the other hand should be touching your cheek. I promise you if you do this right you will smack yourself a few times. That's good, rather you do it than the guy in front of you. And if you throw a bodyhook try to lower yourself closer to the body so your hand isn't so far away from your face, also it gives you more leverage and makes you harder to hit, then definitely move out the way and get that hand back to your face much quicker. It's easy to read all this and say 'OK, good advice I'll do it,' but without a loud angry coach behind you screaming the same thing over and over again at you, it won't stick and it will never become second instinct. Keep at it, don't listen to the haters, but definitely join a gym ASAP!

Comment

Working...
                    X