Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Transcript on Ortiz, Pacquiao, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Transcript on Ortiz, Pacquiao, More

Thank you everybody for joining us. We are right on time today, and we really appreciate taking the time of the one and only chance Floyd "Money" Mayweather to have this conference call. He is coming off a blistering media workout yesterday for everybody that was in Las Vegas. Just a little homework before I introduce the principals. We are coming into Fight Week, and we are going to kick off Fight Week next Monday.

[Click Here To Read More]

I take my hat off to anyone that read that entire interview.

Comment

I am only going to write what stood out for me in this damn transcript.

- Duckweather was asked if he is feeling his age. He said no. Also, people around him are saying that he looks young and sharp.

- Duckweather was asked if his style matches up very well against boxers that are fighters like Hatton, Corrales, and Hernandez. He knock those boxers out because they came to fight. The questions implied if Duckweather will knockout Ortiz since the young boxer is definitely coming in to brawl and fight. A little bit of future reading too in terms of Pacquiao vs Duckweather. Implying that Duckweather will knockout Pacman too.

- Family history was discussed.

- Duckweather getting engaged. Him stating that every man needs a strong woman behind them. It also feels better, secure, and loved to have a strong woman behind you.

Those are the stand out.

Comment

Floyd!, hey Floyd! WTF are you talking about?!?!

"I know you had a setback before, but a true champion can take a loss and bounce back."

Your stans don't agree...

Comment

Either everybody is reading this or they gave up.

I was amazed at his answers to the questions of losing his 0

He sounded like a man who has already lost to a guy who he says won't take the test !!!!!!!!!!

I was NOT amazed at the DEFINING FIGHTS OF HIS CAREER !!!!!!

Hatton evidently by what Jr. has said has defined his Welterweight status..

Are you FIGHT FANS agreeing with this ???? Is the ALL TIME GREAT JR defined as the greatest by the Hatton FIGHT at WELTER ???????

If this is IT, if thats all it is, and nothing else would change then BOXING JUST DIED and I am outa here and won't watch another fight as long as I live nor read another article about boxing and probably won't watch any old fights that I grew up watching because of the GRIEF it would bring to my soul !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good NEWS !!!!!!!!!! Boxing is NOT dependent on the Hatton fight nor what JR has said !!!

Boxing is dependent upon DREAMS, EXTREMELY HARD WORK, and TALENT. More than one have it so no one has a monopoly on it !!!!!!!!!

Can ORTIZ WIN ??? YES !!!!!!!!

COULD HATTON HAVE BEATEN JR ??? YES ,,,, but he chose to Bum RUSH with Blinded eyes, eyes that just shut, wild crazy bumrushing

Could ODH have won ??? Absolutely but he was done, he couldn't pull the trigger,,,,all he had to do was JAB JAB,,,,JR. did NOTHING , he was WHUPPED and ODH KNOWS IT BETTER THAN ANY and he will take it to his grave if he don't deal with it, he had the fight in the bag but he quit JABBING

Could OLD MAN MOSLEY HAVE WHIPPED JR. ABSOLUTELY but he QUIT after he cracked JR.s chin,,,,,,

Ortiz can't just talk a fight he must not get frustrated if he does like Hatton he would LOSE.

ORTIZ can't just talked a fight he must JAB, good or bad he must Jab,,,ODH proved JR don't like JABs

ORTIZ can't just talk he must fight for GLORY, when he hurts Jr. he must take JR. where he has NEVER BEEN !!!!!!!!!! HE can't let up and QUIT like OLD MAN MOSLEY DID he MUST PRESS like NEVER BEFORE with Crisps shots not wild shots but strong hard shots ALL NIGHT and take JR. to the trenches of life and death in the ring , a place where Jr. has not been but by reading his comments , I feel he feels he may go there in this fight because he has put more into this fight than all the rest.

Jr. is breaking mentally, not super fast but his talk is different and its his age, he knows he can be beat .

ORTIZ can win but it is left up to HIM TO DO IT. He has got to do all three things I said and if he fails in one JR. will clean his clock !!!!!!!

JR will come to his END and lose by KO,,,ORTIZ TO WIN !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            I take my hat off to anyone that read that entire interview.
            Why read it when you just can listen to it?

Comment

Lmfao at when Floyd said "I've been dominating the game since Ortiz was 9 years old"

Comment

Excellent interview.

Comment

Duckweather: "Where was Pacquiao in 1996 or 1997?"

1996 - Pacquiao fought 7 times. He experienced his first loss against Rustico Torrecampo.

1997 - Pacquiao won his first Regional title the Oriental and Pacific Boxing Federation (OPBF) against Chokchai Chockvivat. And he fought 6 times of that year.

1998 - Pacquiao's biggest year when he first won his world championship against Chatchai Sasakul who was The Ring Magazine Lineal Champion of the Flyweight division. Also, Pacquiao fought in Japan against Shin Terao.

Comment

"...if YOU'RE age..." What the hell is going on? Even the professionals are riding the ignorance train?

Looking forward to the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X