No announcement yet.

So How Does Mayweather-Canelo Break Records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So How Does Mayweather-Canelo Break Records

It took Floyd-OSCAR to break records. Oscar was a PPV staple for years and had fought plenty of the toughest competition. Canelo isn't embraced by the American media like Oscar was, and he hasn't even had one fight against an elite opponent that we can use to properly gauge his skills.

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    It took Floyd-OSCAR to break records. Oscar was a PPV staple for years and had fought plenty of the toughest competition. Canelo isn't embraced by the American media like Oscar was, and he hasn't even had one fight against an elite opponent that we can use to properly gauge his skills.
    You want us to answer on behalf of Richard "Mayweather-Mosley will do 3m in PPV" Schaefer?

When no-one agrees with him?

In a spin-off thread that was completely unnecessary from the original thread, which is still on the first page?

Seriously, this is some Larry-esque ******ness.

Comment

Why don't you post this in the designated thread on the subject, you **** muncher?

Comment

Come on Pops hes a promoter doing his job, which is promoting. Did his words really affend you that much? Shafer, Arum, Shaw, and Lou are good at what they do which means 85% of what they say is bull****.

Comment

I think the fight will break the record. Mayweather is a bigger star than he was when he fought Oscar. If Canelo has a good win, hopefully over Trout then I think the fight will be huge if it happens.I think more Mexicans will pay to see Canelo-Floyd than they did for Oscar-Floyd.

Comment

The 'kid' sells out 25,000 seats or more with no experience at all. His viewership numbers for the Lopez fight were over a million views and that's on the same night as the Martinez-Chavez jr PPV too. Not to mention, that the fight was on Showtime which has a substantially smaller subscriber population that HBO does. I think if Canelo and Floyd fought, it would do close to 2 million buys, I don't think it will break the record Floyd set with DLH though.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/9/18...me-boxing-news

Comment

i can see it doing 1.5 if it happens in May... 2+ if they both win on the same card in May but fight each other in September.

Comment

Working...
              X