No announcement yet.

Sparring Tomorrow, Concerned About conditioning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring Tomorrow, Concerned About conditioning

Alright, I'm sparring again tomorrow (tuesday), I been sparring alot recently, (I'm a novice boxer though I have experience) but my conditioning is definately lacking. It's horrible tbh, so tomorrow I wanted to start some interval training because I wasn't able to today. But I'm worried about not having any legs for sparring due to the interval training, I want to have some improvement in my conditioning going into sparring tomorrow, help!

Yea it would be best to do your interval/ conditioning training on the days you don't have boxing training. If you do your interval training and give it 100% on the same day as sparring, you will be exhausted.

Comment

Originally posted by ChowAce View Post
      Yea it would be best to do your interval/ conditioning training on the days you don't have boxing training. If you do your interval training and give it 100% on the same day as sparring, you will be exhausted.
      should I just do a long distance run then!?

Comment

Originally posted by SharpSh00ter View Post
        Alright, I'm sparring again tomorrow (tuesday), I been sparring alot recently, (I'm a novice boxer though I have experience) but my conditioning is definately lacking. It's horrible tbh, so tomorrow I wanted to start some interval training because I wasn't able to today. But I'm worried about not having any legs for sparring due to the interval training, I want to have some improvement in my conditioning going into sparring tomorrow, help!
        what sort of conditioning are you talking about?

Comment

I would suggest doing the conditioning you want to do after you spar, conserve your energy for the sparring. If you run out of gas during your conditioning, it's alright. If you run out of gas during sparring it will do you no good.

Comment

dont do your intervel training before.you pick up bad habbits when
            you spar tired.in the future run sprints run 3min rest 1min x3 you will be in
            shape in no time all out in the sprints dont do them every day .

Comment

Originally posted by SharpSh00ter View Post
              When you're gassed it helps if you yell out HARD WORK and your entourage yells DEDICATION like over and over.

Comment

Yeah don't interval train the day before you spar, it won't help. When you spar try and relax and conserve energy... but you'll feel very sluggish sparring anyway until you're more experienced and know how to relax.

Here's a handy tip: When you're tired between rounds put your hands behind your head and do a mean, pissed off face. The angry face stops you from doing a tired face. Angry faces are scary. Tired faces mean that your opponent will want to stomp you.

Comment

Also, as far as conditioning, I feel a lot of people overlook the heavy bag.

I find many just "work the bag" the same way whenever they do it. Incorporating various intervals of drills on the bag brought me perhaps my best improvements in conditioning. Maybe you'll get some laughs as you gas out on quick little punchouts, but no one will be laughing when you can dominate the flow of the whole fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X