No announcement yet.

Breathing techniques whilst running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breathing techniques whilst running

When you run do you inhale air till you cant inhale no more or do you inhale small amounts?

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
    When you run do you inhale air till you cant inhale no more or do you inhale small amounts?
    i think the goal is to be able to breathe through your nose, slowly, deeply and then exhaling through your mouth.

i am guessing short small amounts of breath might have you hyper-ventilating.

Comment

Wear your mouth piece that will teach you how to breath correctly! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Wear your mouth piece that will teach you how to breath correctly! Ray
        I do that all the time, whether long distance, sprints, or stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
          Slow and steady for me, just a good deep breath in through your nose and out of your mouth at a pace your comfortable with, I try to avoid reaching my full lung capacity when actually running. I've tried the 'inhale until you cant inhale anymore' technique and I find it uncomfortable and distracting.

Comment

You want to take notice how much is going in, it's not as automatic it seems. if you focus take nice big clear breaths then out through the nose. experiment with how taking in breathes supplies oxygen the muscles to your cardio system. the body needs air like a car engine.

when your cardio is developed you will naturally slow big breathes down with slower heartrate because your cardio is more efficient to supply the body

Comment

Constant but very gradually for me, just a good relaxation gradually in through your nostril and out of the oral cavity place at a rate your relaxed with, I try to prevent getting my complete bronchi prospective when actually operating.

Comment

Working...
              X